Reef Advantage calcium

how long does it take to up calcium with reef advantage.. it says add 2 time a week.. so i did and my calcium never climbed a bit.. its staying a 360..

so i added the proper ammount first day then waited a day and tested.. my calcium didn;t move.. then i added another dose and calcium went up buy 1 drop on my test.. from 340 to 360..

any suggestions.. i have Kalk at home waiting for my calcium lvls to hit 420-440..

any help would be appreciated..

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    I believe that the regimen for adding twice a week is the "Beginners" instructions. Read a little further on the bottle and you'll find the intermediate instructions. Use those.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

but those instruction state that it can deplete alk if dosed wrong lol..

scares the hell out of me.. can i add the calcium at a rate of once a day till i reach my goal?

i can also add DHK buffer if needed..

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    As long as you don't surpass the recommended maximum daily dose, you'll be fine.
    Just test the CA and ALK levels before adding the RA Calcium to be sure you're making progress.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

if your Ca is not rising, you are just adding the amount of consumtion by your corals. you need to add more often to raise it. so keep the same dose amount and add 4 times a week rather than twice a week. once your calcium is where you want it, cut back to twice a week.
    Ca depletes Alk due to chemical reactions. if your alk is where you want it, then be sure to add alk on the days you dont add Ca to maintain it. In general you should be adding the same amount of Alk as Ca. if they are both low add them both at the same rate, if only one is low, then you can just bias your additions towards to lower one. there are 7 days in a week, try 3 days Ca, 3 days Alk, and the last day dose the one that is too low.
    Albert
    My Photos

also make sure you are not adding the R.Adv.Ca directly to the tank. it should first be dissolved in RO/DI water.
    Albert
    My Photos

yes i use RO/DI water for both cal and alk..