Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's finally wet!!!

Hello,

Well it was a long night but the fish finally got a new home. I never slept one wink last night wondering if the plumbing was going to let go and fill my living room with 75 gallons of water. I got out of bed this morning and everything was looking good. I came home from work and there was 3 Chromis in the sump. I have the same style of drain as OSD and I think the fish like it. I'm worried that one of them is going to get sucked into the Mag 9.5 and make fish soup out of himor worse break the 9.5. Anyone know of a way to stop the fish from going for "Thr Ride!!!" ????
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

I used some 'egg crate' and put a fence around the overflow. I originally just laid a piece on top of it but one of my clown fish went done into the sump at least once a week.
    Since I changed it to a 'fence' aound the top of the overflow, no one's gone down.
    It could be he finally learned....or the fence worked.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Mike,

Let me know if you ever want to place a livestock order through AC and we can split the shipping costs!

Kim

Sure no problem Sophic. I'm maxed out for fish but i'm probably going to be getting some corals sometime soon.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

I'd be in on an order too. Splitting the costs of shipping really helps.
    77 Gal Mixed reef -33 gal sump -20 gal fuge
    440 watt vho lighting - 2 watt moon lights

I want to place an order soon as well.. but i'm in Saint John

What do you guys think of a Powder blue tang? Everything I have read/heard says that they are hard to keep alive.
    I really want a Powder Brown.. so I may just wait.
    Any thoughts?

how about screen Mike,
    seeing how it'll be above the water and you woun't have to worry about it clogging just the vinal window screen held on by an elastic band should be fine.
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

Hey Mike great work,
    I'd love to see how you set things up since I'm hopefully getting the larger tank this year. and hey you can have all the xenia you want.
    John

Hey Tictoc,
    I was thinking that. I actually went and got some plastic screen. The thing is that if I put the screen over the drain it will slow down the water a little and I don't really have the room to have the water raise up any more. I might try it thou and see. I've been looking at the Chromis all night and they haven't tried the big plunge again YET so I might hold out. I think it freaked them out to much. I'll post a picture of the drain to show you what I'm talking about.

Hey John,
    I'll post some pics when I get the canopy built. I think i'm going to do it tomorrow night. I'm using my old one right now. I didn't want to wait any longer because I go in for my surgery on Monday morning.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

how do you like that type of drain? any noise? I was thinking about doing it like that in my tank also. I like the look, and the fact that it dosent take up much room. I wonder how OSD likes his.

Tic
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast