Thread: Calgary LFS

Calgary LFS

Hi there:

I'm new here, first post. I have a long history in FW, and I'm planning a first SW tank. I've been to every LFS in Calgary and I've been really disappointed. No, disgusted is a better word. Filthy equipment, dirty tanks, sick fish, mislabelled stuff. I'd like to know if there's anyone here in Alberta, and if so, where do you buy your livestock?

Thanks,

quietreef

I'm not from Calgary but Edmonton is close enough!

From what I hear, the cheapest place in Calgary is Gold's Aquarium. However, you have to hit it on a stocking day or else its picked clean in a couple of hours. I've heard that people usually line up outside before it opens on stocking days! They have Liverock for sale at about $5/lb which is cheap considering it is $10/lb here

I also like Ocean Aquariums on Centre St. I think that it is much better than Wai's though Wai's does get really nice stuff in.

Those are usually the 3 big places the Calgary Reef Club recommend. You should check them out on:
    CanReef

ijo
    You could try our Local Fish Store Locator for store locations and reviews... http://www.aquariacanada.com/LFSLocator/index.php Hope this helps!

IJO