Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's Finally Coming Together!

Well, after a few delays, and some finacial trouble (Cat had to have surgery! ) It's finally starting to come together for me.:biggrinbo I got the base of the stand together and two coats of stain on it! I'm working the next two nights but with any luck the 50gal will be moved to the living room and the fish will be in there new home by Friday when I come back to work! I will try to take a few pics and get them posted as soon as I can!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Looking forward to seeing the pictures....
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Well! The stand is finally stained! Hoping to get it moved upstairs tonight! Haven't got the doors finished yet but the cabinet is done. I'm off on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so I'm hopoing to have it all set up then.

Anyone care to throw some ideas out on the best way to transfer all this?

Currently, The 50 gal is set up with a few pieces of LR, some shrooms, and two fish. The 23gal is across the room from it with about 30 lbs of LR a few corals and 4 fish. The 10 gal is also in the room and contains about 20-25 different corals.

The plan is to set the 50 gal in the living room about 40 feet away and transfer all contents into it. Shutting down the 10gal and keeping the 23 as a QT tank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

^Bump

Heres a link that might help...

link

Well to make it a little easier I can fly to St. John's visit the parents for a little while come and take all the corals off your hands and then come back to Oromocto!!!!!:biggrinbo

On a more serious note make sure the containers that you put your fish in are high enough for the fish not to jump out. I heard one of the other reefers here say that and I laughed saying thats not possible!!!! Until it happened to me. My yellow tang flew out of one container slamed off the livingroom table and fell right into another bucket!! (HE was OK)The girlfriend and I just looked at each other and said "what the F#$K just happened!!!" and laughed Too funny!!

But about the corals i'll be there on Saturday. I'll be the one hobbling on the crutches down the road hoping not to get hit by a car screaming "PIATCHIE"!!!LOL
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Originally posted by mike536
    But about the corals i'll be there on Saturday. I'll be the one hobbling on the crutches down the road hoping not to get hit by a car screaming "PIATCHIE"!!!LOL
    Too Funny! I wish I could offer you a few Frags but truth is I haven't had the nearve to cut anything up yet! I'll probably be up to my Elbows in Salt on Saturday but you are certainly welcome to drop by and see the tank if you want. I live like 2 minutes from the airport.

Awesome it's only about 20 minutes hopping on crutches!!!

And well the $800 or $900 for a last minute ticket to St. John's from Fredericton!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

I could always give you a good deal on a car! LOL!!! Hope it's your left foot though!

Well, after many hours, a few pairs of wet sock, and one very wet cat.........The 50 gal is done!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Well, as done as a reef can be I guess. i'm sure I'll be moving and shifting rocks over the next few days, but all in all it looks real good! I'll try to get the pics up as soon as I can. Might take a few days though cause I can't plug right into the computer. I got to get Wal-Mart to upload them to a disk for me.

All fish and corals were doing fine when I left this morning! (fingers crossed!) My Crested Blennie had a few issues but he's comming around. The Yellow Tang and Coral Beauty are enjoying the extra room! Had to take out me Half Black angel though:-( She and the Coral Beauty decided that they didn't want to share a tank anymore. She's in the 10gal now and she's not to impressed. I haven't figured out exactly what to do with her yet. Do you think she'd be O.K. in the 10gal? I really don't want to get rid of her! Nemo is doing the best of all. he was the first one to eat in his new home. Gonna get him a buddy on Wednesday. I guess I should be saying "Her"!

All Corals seem to be adjusting well.My pink Tube Anemonie is enjoying the extra head room! LOL! He can actually fully extend now without hitting the top of the water! I set up an Actinic light for them last night and they really seem to enjoy it!

Anyway, I will stop babbling now I'm just a little excited about finally getting this done! I been trying to do this since November!

One More note...My Guppies had to be moved to a smaller tank but they don't seem to mind too much! Not that they would get priority over the SW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast