Tigertail Cucumber

I am a little worried about my tigertail cucumber. I have been informed that these guys only come out during the night hours of the aquarium, and I'm fine with that. I'm just concerned because even on late-night stake outs I haven't seen any sign of him. Neither have I noticed the beaded up sand that is his sand-droppings.

Does anyone with a tiger tail (not) experience this same thing? I just never see any signs of him.
    "Killed your clownfish? That's 30 days in the electric chair for you!"

How long has it been?

They can go off and focus on an area you can't see for a few days at a time. They can also get into spot you wouldn't expect.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

My tiger tail seldom goes on the open sand. Most of the time he's in the rocks or on the rock and feeding off the sand. He can also vanish for a couple of days.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I put him in 2 - maybe 3 weeks ago and haven't seen him since two days after he went in.

He will show up at one point or another...or hes dead.....3 weeks is alot thought...unless you have alot of rocks and he hides.....i had a few of those in the past and i didnt see them often..there ugly anyway ehehhe......but can clean up pretty good they are like turd eaters.....you know the saying you are what you eat ehehe this one applies
    Derik...

I hadn't seen my tiger tail in months. I recently transfered the contents of my 90g to a 180g and found him under a rock. He is very much alive and healthy. I wouldn't worry about him.

I started with one about three years ago. Now I have at least 5. I very rarely ever see them out in the open, but every time I lift something up, I find one.....BTW, my sand bed is always spotless.

I wouldnt' worry. Tigertails are pretty stable and if he had died, and you didn't have enough clean-up crew to take care of the carcass, you probably would have lost fish by now. Otherwise, he died and your clean-up crew did it's job, or...he is still alive somewhere under a rock and cleaning away.

Between my diamond goby, horseshoe crab, and tiger tail, my sand is also always spotless. I am glad to hear that you never see them - I knew this would probably be the case but I was worried.