Arrow Anyone buy a miracles aquarium?

Just wondering if anyone here on AC has bought a aquarium from Miracle Aquariums(of OntARIO)
    and if so hows the quality and price?Also is starphire glass worth the extra$$$. THANKS.:bounce:

Just ordered a custom 36x24x24 Starphire tank from Miracles. it should hopefully be ready April 2. Oakville reef gallery is doing all of the drilling and plumbing. Will report back as soon as it's done but I'm sure there are lots of folks who already have one from them on the board. My 20G Nano I already have is a miracles and it's great but it's just normal glass obviously. Upcharge for starphire is over $20 sq/ft more than normal glass in 1/2" thickness.
    Discustopia (Shane)
    Oh, shoot, i forgot to feed my fish!, or was it my son?

I emailed them a couple of times with questions and never got a response!!

I have a Miracles tank they make good Aquariums and Starfire to.They are well equipped to make any type of tank even Acrylic and have injectors to make any acrylic form you would like for sumps ect..
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Andrew I think you can call them directly in T.O and speak to Derick dont know if they sell in the Maratimes though?
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

I baught a Miracle 48x24x24 tank last christmas. Looked good in the store. But when I got home and started looking at it. I started finding flaws in it. I keep finding air bubbles in the glass and big scratches on the plastic frame. Plus the plastic wraping, has stainded the outside glass and I can't get it off in some spots. I don't know if I just got a bad one, because I have seen others and they look good. I would probably spend the extra money on stafire next time. But it wont be for many years.

I have a Miracles 180 gallon tank. It's been up and running for about two and a half years, and all is good with it. I gave them dimensions for positioning and drilling two holes for my overflows, and they did that well. I didn't pay for starfire glass. My only complaint about the tank is that the corners aren't perfectly straight. A little sloppy in the join but not terribly noticeable. The corner is still strong. A major bonus for me was that I drove from Ottawa to Kingston (Roy's pet shop) and got the tank for $675. I couldn't even come close to that price in Ottawa.

I purchased a 175 bow front "reef" and I am happy with it. Only problem that I had was when I installed the sump box. The box did not fit inside the door and I had to temp. remove the centre piece. I also had to Dremel one part of the stand to dilate where the overflow port met the stand. Only a minor problem.

I like how the overflow is sealed from the rest of the tank, and also how the overflow collects water from the top (mostly)and mid areas.
    I have a lot of Patients