Weird Tang things...

My Yellow tang is very active and eating, however the past week, I've noticed that his stomach looks lumpy.. and kind of green color from under the yellow in his stomach. Could he be eating too much or could this be a parasite in his stomach...? Is this normal ? or could he be eating too much Nori?

Also, I've noticed in the past few days that there are little 5mm x 1cm of what looks like green algea poop - could this be from my tang? It's rather large to come out of him, but u you never know..

One more thing with him, when I was cleaning out the tank, he had a large brown bruise on the center of his body about the size of a nickle, on both sides, and his eyes looks a bit brown around the rim too. When I was finished, he looked back to normal. was he stressed because I was in his space? Very strange...

I have read that a lumpy looking Tang is a hungry Tang. Have you had him long?

I hope this helps,
    quietreef

I've had him for a little over 2 weeks. He shouldn't be hungry because he eats about a 1/2 sheet of Nori a day-two days, and he's always checking out the rocks, and glass and nipping at the algea there...

I know they are grazers but How much are they generally supposed to eat?

I can only coment on the "Bruise". My Yellow tang gets this all the time. Mostly at night when he is asleep. I think it's their way of trying to camofloge (spelling?) Perfectly normal!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Do you feed him anything besides Nori? My Yellow eats everything, Blood worms, brine shrimp, misis shrimp, fresh fish, he espsecially like the Hikari marine S pellets! I usually feed thre small meals a day. It's better then one big one.
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

I feed frozen foods, frozen plankton with brine, scallops, and nori.
    All I have right now is the Yellow tang, and two baby Clowns.
    The tang seems to spit the shrimp out...

Ok I've caught Mr Yellow tang in the act... *pooping* I mean, and those large algea rolls are from him! Gross I know..

I've with-held the Nori sheets for over a day and the lumps in his stomach are gone, so it must just be that he is a PIG. lol

As for the bruise, maybe it's a stress thing because I was invading his space.. who knows.

Other than that he's looking like he owns the tank and loves swimming around

I have come to understand that tangs are pigs. My hippo is very slopy compared to my other fish.