Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marine ick help..

i noticed that i have ick ir what appears to be ick on my royal gramma.. and now a clown gobie.. any chance to cure them in the main tank?

i have corals and shrimp in the tank? any help would be good..

thanks!!

actually i noticed most fish have it =(

Are the spots raised, like grains of salt sitting on the skin? Or are they smaller, like a fine powder?
    Susan

You will get conflicting answers there Fisherman. Some say the only way to get rid of ich is to let the tank go fallow for a couple of months while the fish go through treatment(hypo, copper, meds etc). While others say that if the fish is still eating like a pig and remains active he should pull through on his own. I am trying to let my hippo get through on his own but I now have everything ready to qt if ever the situation agravates. Good luck, ich sucks.

There is a wonderful product called "greenEx"

http://www.aquatronicsonline.com/images/products/M4.jpg

Unfortunetly this company (Aquatronics) has gone bankrupt! Can't buy it anymore! But ask around or check your local store they may have some or a fellow reefer may have some to offer you!

The dose is one drop per gallon and it is reef and Crustatian safe! I used it and heven't seen Ick since! Cleared it up in a day! Turns the water green for a bit and the fish don't much care for it, but it works great!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

salt on skin.. mostly on fins and tails.. but the clown goby looks like he has bumps all over him?

If it were me I would move all the fish into a separate tank or holding container with 20- 30% of the main tanks water. This water being made available by a healthy water change. Move all the fish into this holding container and treat theme there. Slowly increase the temp of the main tank to speed up the life cycle of the parasite. This will increase the odds of killing it off faster in that tank. If you want to do a fresh water dip do it while moving them between the tanks.
    If all your fish have it you do in deed have a FULL BLOWN infection going on there and IMO playing wait and see is not an opinion.
    Rob

ask Ivan for some ''kick ick'' I've never used the product. I know its hard to hear this but you should have QT'd. I'm guilty of this in the past but no more.
    also, you've had different fish in and out of there plus the tank is what? 4 to 5 weeks old? I would have kept 2 fish and thats it for months. remember what I said about a tank maturing. its not the same as cycling. theres other chemical balances going on in there plus new tanks are harsh [for lack of a better word] IMO and need LOTS of time to settle.you've had 2 different types of clowns in and out of there,a yellow tang,2 clowns from me, and now yellow gobies. what happened to patience: you'll need to do the pop bottle trick to try to get them out but good luck.

Tank started in january johnny..

and i added fish in week periods.. i didn't just dump them all in..

Cool

Nah, it was in FEB. late JAN possibly. still, not long enough for the traffic you've had I mentioned before, Its NOT about bioload, its about letting the tank ''cure''. theres things going on in new tanks [6 months or less] that can't really be explained.IME when adding fish to fast they seem to get sick easily,same with corals. like I said,not talking about bioload or cycles.
    the salt is new, the plumbing and all its gluing is new, the pipes are all new,. I wouldn't even have added corals until MAY. I think I added my first coral in NOV or DEC? not sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast