Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RODI Unit specifications?

I'm searching for an RODI unit. What are the key factors inselecting a unit.

I have a 90 Gallon tank, and I rent, so the house is not mine. No major plumming upgrades allowed.
    Any suggestions would be great.

How many GPD
    6 Stage vs 5 Stage
    replacement filters
    other attachments
    Auto/manual shut off valve

?
    Thanks in advance all

RO/DI specs needed!

I also need some specs and suggestions.
    I have 50g tank, 20g sump/fuge.
    The place is mine, so some plumbing could be done.
    :guns:

100 GPD (actually if you have 30G per day comes out you would be smiling)

5 stages for reef, if you want drinking water too, then 6 stages.

Replacement filters are cheap, I bought 4~5 spare for each cartridge when I bought the unit.

I also bought an in-line TDS meter, a hand held meter, a PSI meter. The unit comes with a flush and auto shut off valve.

Reservoir - Rubbermaid garbage can.

Kent float switch.

Rigid tubing.

Hose type adapter ordered with the unit for use on the laundry room - no plumbing allowed by my wife.

Many more quick connectors.

A 2.5 G bucket with a 150W heater to heat the water (with 25 ft tubing coiled in the bucket) up to about 80F before going into the RO/DI unit for better efficiency. I believe 200 watt heater is better.

That's what I bought.

I don't think there's any doubt from anyone that Ed from Aquasafe sells the best value rated ro/di unit that's out there. The last time I checked, the 5 stage 'aquarium' unit went for around 75-85 USD I think. I'm sure I couldn't source the parts myself for that price, otherwise everyone would be building their own ro/di units. Actually, Ivan sells them here, so look no further. The one downfall with Aquasafe is that his shipping is 30 USD. I live 15 minutes from him and he wouldn't let me pick it up. That bugger! lol
    George

Mine is from Ed too.

lol thats halarious ! i bought my unit from ed as well, good guy, i wish i could get more gpd out of it though
    Mark
    50 Gal SPS/LPS Mixed Reef
    25 Gal Fuge
    Neptune Aquacontroller
    Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
    Acrylic City Kalk Reactor
    Euroreef CS6-3 Skimmer
    2x175W MH 1x250W MH 2x65W Actinics

Have a look at this thread:
    http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...&threadid=7035

I get almost 4gallons an hour out of my RO/DI unit (100gpd).
    It used to take 2-3 hours to fill a 5 gallon water container, now it's 80minutes or less.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

if someone had a tap hookup they could set it up to do that also I guess! just set the hot and cold to the desired temp and let it run. hmmm wonder if I set up a couple lines from my hot and cold lines then added a hot and cold shut off valves then joined the two outgoing pipes together with a single piece of copper pipe and then pierced that with the saddle valve from the ro/di unit. open the valves to the desired temp and viola! warm water. would need an a garden hose outlet on the line joining the two shutoffs together to test the temp tho...hmm just might work
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

Originally posted by tictoc
    if someone had a tap hookup they could set it up to do that also I guess! just set the hot and cold to the desired temp and let it run. hmmm wonder if I set up a couple lines from my hot and cold lines then added a hot and cold shut off valves then joined the two outgoing pipes together with a single piece of copper pipe and then pierced that with the saddle valve from the ro/di unit. open the valves to the desired temp and viola! warm water. would need an a garden hose outlet on the line joining the two shutoffs together to test the temp tho...hmm just might work
    The danger with this is that someone in the house starts using cold water for something else and the water temp to your RO gets too high and kill your membrane.

The thermostatic valve adjust for this automatically.

-yvest

not at my place it don't =) well very little if any besides I thought I read that pwall's wasn't a thermostatic valve, just a mixing valve..let me see...http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...&threadid=7035 cres has the part number there and it's just a mixing valve! so pretty much doing the same thing
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast