Rock Question!?!

As most of you know, I will finally be getting the 50gal squared away this week. My question is this. If I scrub down my LR a little, will it set off a new cycle in the tank?

My rock has a little bit of cyano algea on it and I just want to give them a gentle rub, (don't take that the wrong way anybody! :biggrinbo LOL!) to get some of the algea off. I'm not gonna scrub the hey out of them. Just enough to remove the red!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

i really dont see a problem just keep it in the water as much as possible. i would do it in a pale of saltwater.

I agree with Paaty....
    you want to get the cyano algae off anyways.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Thanks! I was hoping that it was O.K. I figured it would be but just wanted to get other opinins! Well with any luck, when I get back to work on Sunday, I will have some pics of my new set-up! Wish me luck!

God I hope it all goes smothly!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

I think if you scrub it you will trigger a bigger case of the uglies when the setup is moved. The bulk of the bacteria are living on the surfaces of the rock and you will be scribing it away. would just give the rocks a good shake under water to dislodge as much junk as you can and put it in the new setup.
    If you feel a REAL need to scrap the rocks do so only to the worst 50% of them.
    This move is likely going to end in a case of the uglies and IMO removing the bulk of the bacteria will just make it that much worse.
    Rob

i wouldnt touch it... like Rob said. ive messed with cyano before...and i will never do it again. hope everything goes well.

Tracie,
    What you can do is use a squirt bottle adjusted to the thin solid jet of water and squirt off the cyano with that using the tank water. Cyano does not stick on hard and will come off easily this way. Also, this shouldn't harm the other stuff living on the rock since you wouldn't actually be scrubbing it. After you get most of it off, rinse it under water in more tank water.