Sponsor - Ottawa Inverts

how to get rid of green ahir algae and keep mushrooms question.

A friend of mine is clearing out his tank and has some great pieces of life rock with several colours of mushrooms growing all over then but also some very healthy patches of a nice think green hair algae. what would be the best way to get rid of the grenn hair algae that would not harm the mushrooms.

I should also mention that for corals i have some frog spawn, red star polyp, and button polyp frag that i would very much like to keep.

For a cleaning crew i have 3 types of stars, 2 candy shrimp, 5 snails and a couple hermit crab. im going to pick up some more hermit crabs asap.

I am pretty new at this but judging by what all the others here say. If it isn't hurting the shrooms and your nitrates and phosphates are good in your tank, the hair algea should die off on its own with a little help from your cleaning crew and you. Pick as mush off as you can with your hands or tweezers. then let nature take its course. That is what I got out of my hair algea prob. But wait till others chime in and get some second opinions.

Lawnmower Blennies are great for Hair Algea!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

i agree with wayne, i would take off as much as posible before intoducing the rock to your tank. then as long as your parameters are good the rest should die off or will get eaten by a tang (if you have) or posibley by an other fish.