ich starting not sure what to do

Hey Guys

Ich is starting to form on my angel and butterfly....all other fish acting funny.....my question is for my FOWLR do i QT the fish with copper or QT the LR(90lbs) and treat the main tank

Cool

couple questions? is this a brandnew tank? your avator says 1.5 years in the hobby does that mean this tank?
    are you not QT'ing fish before they go in the main tank?
    that being said,, I'm pretty sure you can medicate the tank with KICKICH. from what I understand its safe for a FOWLR tank. anyone else try KICKICH?

Something sounds bad. What is causing the stress? Ich is outbreaks are usually linked to stress and you say all of the fish are acting weird.

Check all of your water parameters and look around for anything that might have died that could be toxic.

Stress dose not cause ICH. Stress will however make fish weaker and they will have a tougher time dealing with the outbreaks. You can not copper treat your live rock. If you do you may kill off some of the invert life living on / in it ... if there is anything to kill.
    To kill ICH off once and for all you MUST put the fish in a large enough QT tank to house them for 8 weeks. Treat the fish in that tank as you see fit using the medication you choose to use. The tank with the rock must remain fish less for the same 8 weeks.
    If catching the fish is a problem then it may be easier to QT the rock and treat the fish in the tank where they currently are.
    Good luck with your effort.
    Rob

tank up and running 15 mths..... last fish added 3 mths ago.....parameters all good.....not sure what caused the stress.......if i Quarntine the fish in QT......wont ich still be in main tank 8 weeks later....

Anyone tried using the Garlic to fight off ich

all i have done to treat ick in the past was increase my heat to 81-82, keep your hands out of the tank (decrease stress) and i used greenex (reef safe). and it worked both times with out any casualties.

STRESS DOSE NOT CAUSE ICH !!!!! Stress will however make fish weaker and they will have a tougher time dealing with the outbreaks.
    .................................................. ...............................
    THERE is NO PROVE ANYWHERE that feeding garlic cures ICH. If ICH happens to go away while feeding garlic it is pure happenstance.
    .................................................. ...............................
    scooterc. ICH must find a fish as a host to complete its life cycle. If no fish are present it will DIE. 8 weeks with the temp turned up a little should make the main tank ICH free. green x if I am not mistaken will stain your silicone sealer in your tank green unless of course the sealer is black
    Rob

my sealer is black...thats why i didnt have trouble with it...

i agree rob that stress does not cause ick...i was just refering to the fact that having your hands in the tank and picking with it while the fish are sick only stresses them out more.

okey guys thankyou for the info..... a week ago we shut off the heat to the house...made basement really cold.....my heater could not keep up with the drop in temp....and thermometre not reading proper temp....got new heater and therm...........going to gradually raise up temp. to 81 and try the garlic in the food ( heard it works for some people)...angel and butterfly showing maybe 4-5 spots...........i'll try a few days see how it goes.......QT up and ready to go......

Thanks Again Guys.........Scooter