Banned

Exclamation equipments need for 25g

Hi all,

I plan to covert my 25g freshwater to saltwater and I just bought a seaclone 100, my old filter was fluva 204. What else equipment do I need ? my plan only the fish not reef tank.

thanks

:happy2: WELCOME!!!!

Hi,

I think you could maybe be fine like that, but I would add an other fluval 204.

So like that way you will be able to alternate the cleaning(clean one, wait 2 weeks, clean the other, wait 2 weeks...) between the 2 filter so you will not loose all your bacteria after cleaning.

It is better to have a basic test kit (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH). IMO Buy at leat a brand like Kent, and at best Salifert. Don't buy Hagen test kit, I hate these one...

Like in fresh water, you need a heater(I am sure you already know it ).

You also need an hydrometer.

I don't think to anything else...

If you want to buy stuff, AquariaCanada got real good price.

Steve

Banned
    Hi,

First thanks for your reply and I like to know where I can buy some marine live plants? like Feather Caulerpa?

tks

You can Ask to IJO ( owner of AquariaCanada) if he can have some. If you go in the «Features» task bar and then you go in LFS search, you will be able to find some stores in your area that could have some algae. I can't say more, I don't know the LFS in Ottawa's region...

Steve

Technically, there are very few "plants" that grow in salt water.

Most of what you are seeing are a special form of algae called macro algae.

Most people who have it are using it for nutrient export (a way to get Nitrogen and Phosphate compounds out of the system).

Most fish stores will have some, but, it comes and it goes. Usually it is locally grown and removed from someone's system and dropped off at the LFS in exchange for favours or discounts.

Personally, I've only managed nutrient import with them. I had added them to my tank while waiting to get the sump operational. My snails, Red legged hermit crabs and Emerald crab shred the things.

But, I too like the look of a patch of Caulerpa.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Banned
    Thanks for the info guy!

For the fish only how much LR I need for 25G?

Thks

The rule is still 1-2 lbs per gallon.

It will depend on what other filtration you have and how many fish you wish to keep. With heavy filtration and water changes you can get away without live rock.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.