not much coriline algea

I have had my tank running for months 6 mths and at this piont the in no coriline algea growing on the glass.No spots nothing the only algea i have is some brown that is brushed off the glass and some coriline on the rocks it came with and some new coroline green,purple that is growing very faintly on the LR.
    When I started the tank with sump I did not add anything I.E something like vital bactia or sand from someone else's tank Should I have? I have approx a 30 gal sump with just a basic floss type filter on my 72 gal.
    I am using red sea salt my water tests are ca 400 alk is fine
    sality is 1.023
    the only thing was my lighting has been poor (low light).
    What should i my water at before adding corals etc other than better lighting?

wow kinda slow in this area

Do you have anything in your tank besides LR? And how much LR do you have? Do you have an clean-up crew? Do you have test results for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Assuming those results are OK, I don't see why you couldn't be adding simple corals pending getting better lighting. There's no need to add bacteria (they come with the LR). LS can help seed a sand bed but, after 6 months, you're likely OK and some people worry that sharing sand can also share diseases.

You might consider adding a skimmer.
    Nick

My tank has been running for about 5 months..so I'm quite a newbei myself... and it's just starting to get little patches on my LR. I have recently been adding a bit of kalkwrasser once a week, but not much at all. Nothing is growing on the glass and equipment except brown and green algea.. which I avidly scrub off as soon as it shows!
    Maybe start adding a bit of Kalk or some other Calcium additive slowly and see what happens. Just test your Cal and Alk levels often when adjusting your water chemically.

Good luck!

What's your lighting. You dont need intense light but you do need some decent wattage for the coralline to take off. They are of course photosynthetic.
    75G, 30G sump.
    Euroreef
    2X250 MH with 2X 55 PCs

Hippo Tang, Tomato Clown, Rusty Angel, Keyhole Angel, Damsel
    Anchor, Turbinaria, Acro,Montis, Xenia, Anthelias, Candycane, Buttons,Bubble, Galaxea, Brain,Cabbage, Hand, weird encrusting coral, LTA, mushrooms

also what are your Ca levels? Coralline requires calcium as it is a calcerous algae

you might want to also consider seeding it with some rock with good coralline growth....just my two bits