Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I in trouble

Am I in trouble

I got home from work to find out that the house was just spraid to kill spiders. I don't know exactly what was used or where it was used. So am I in trouble or should things be ok. I just put in some carbon, what else can I do.

all you can do is what you did- carbon. Maybe do a water change, but don't use any r.o. water that was around during the spraying- make fresh r.o. water.
    You could be just fine!
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

how did this happen? Did you not get some notice that they would be spraying? If I am not mistaken any time anyone will be spraying indoors you are to receive notice. How do you even know if your food is safe to eat? what did the spray? I would be having words with the landlord on this.
    Rob

WOW for sure....If I would nt got a notice about that and somebody came and sprayed.....I would be furious and get them to replace every single piece of food and pay for your livestock death if any....thats just not right
    Derik...

Banned
    Was the spray inside or out? In Ontario, outside of the home they don't need any advanced warning just a plac on the lawn stating what they used and when it was used. As far as inside goes, they only need to put a paper on the door stating that they will be coming in to do this 24hours before hand. The Ontario landlord tenant act says this is reasonable even though anyone could remove the paper before you read it. I donít know about Que. but if they didn't try to inform you, you have them in very serious legal trouble. This could constitute trespassing, interfering with the reasonable enjoyment of the home, and vandalism to name a few. Ok time to cover my butt, even though I am in the legal profession in Ontario this is just my opinion. If they entered your home you may want to seek legal council in your area and possibly take action against them.

I would be furious if that happened to me. Glad I don't deal with landlords any more.
    But have to deal with neighbors , last year our neighbor sprayed for weeds ( should say his 15 year old kid), weed killer got in our pond killing 4 of our 2' koi I was livid.
    ALL POSTS & REPLIES ARE IMO

Hardware:
    180 gal. Reeftank 2hole drilled
    70gal long sump with fuge,
    EuroReef ES8-3 skimmer,
    Reeftek reactor, sms122 ph/CO2 controller,
    Mag 18 return closed loop return.
    Mag 24 return
    Icecap dual175 20k MH, 250 20k MH center, 2 actinic, 2 -actinic white VHOs
    Livestock:
    1 Pajama cardinal, Lawnmower blenny, Sohal tang , Regal tang, 10 Clams, Scooter blennie, Yellow wrasse, DESJARDIN TANG (SAIL FIN),2 percs

I got in toutch with the sprayer and he told me he used "permitrine". He assured me it was harmless to animals and humans. He said that he did a bunch of houses with fish tanks (most likely they were all fresh water). As far as the landlord thing goes. I pay rent to my mother. She baught a big house 3 years ago and I made myself a 1000 square feet 3 bedroom appartment downstars. I can't realy complain because we pay 500$ a month everything included, heating, cooling, electricity and satelite. We are in the prosses of buying a house but we have not found anything apealing for the prices people are asking. Might end up building myself. So leagal matters asside, how long should it take for bad things to start happening. I started keeping an eye out on my refugium that is full of pods. I figure things will start there right.

If you do a web search for permitrine many pages come up but they are in french and I don't speak any french but would suggest you do a quick research of the product.
    Rob

OSD, my web search found one English page (with no useful info) and a bunch in German. I also didn't find an entry for permitrine in the MSDS. That makes me wonder if the name flycut reported is spelled correctly? I think there would have to be an MSDS entry for a pesticide such as this.
    Nick

What I know about this productis that its sort of natural pesticide, not sure but I believe its extracted from a plant and prety sure its not toxic to humans or pets and hopefully reef tanks. Im also prety sure it doesnt emit fumes lets say like paint or harsh cleaning products so unless it was sprayed directly into the tank it wouldnt have a way to get there. HTH
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast