Thread: Help

Help

I just added a blue damsel and a clownfish to my 40 gal yesterday. I had a blue damsel in there already for about two weeks, and now he is lying on his(her, don't know) side at the bottom and he is breathing really fast. The other fish that I put in last night are fine. Is that little damsel breathing his last breath?

Mack

First, Welcome.

Are the new fish larger then the original? Did you notice the new fish attacking the orig?

Had you quarentined the fish? It may also be that he had something already and it has just finally caugt up with him.

Damsels are quite territorial and I have seen 1 kill another.
    IMHO take both damsels out and back to the store. You may regret this addition later when you want to add other fish.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

First off welcome ot the board ...
    [welcome2]

This is most likely the result of a Territorial fight. When your adding fish that tend to be Territorial you MUST add them all at the same time and odd numbers work better then even numbers.
    I however don't think you should be putting damsels into any tank that you intend to keep as a community tank. They are in fact very aggressive little buggers and are very difficult to catch for removal if the tank is decorated.
    Rob

Thanks, I was always thought damsels liked being around each other. I have the near death damsel in a Qtank, and he seems to be starting to come around a little.

Thanks again