Unhappy Mirco Bubbles ... Help!

Hey all,

I've just plummed my new sump to my system. Here's the lowdown on the tank. It's a 10G nano and the sump is also 10G. I have a MAG3 pumping water back through a SCWD alternating the current from one return to another. I plumbed the system last night and I have way too many micro bubbles. I have a bubble trap and it seems to be doing it's job because in the fuge section of the sump I can barely see any bubbles. It's hard to tell if there are bubbles in the return compartment where the pump is but from what I can see if there is it's minimal. Now at one point on the return I go from 3/4 inch (or maybe 1 inche) plumbing to 1/2 inch for my returns. So I was wondering if that might be the cause? Am I pumping too much flow through 1/2 plubming? I've figured there is at most 200 G going through per hour. Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks,

StephG

The flow rate is IMO is too high but the flow rate itself should not cause bubbles. There must be air getting into the system somewhere Steph. Ether through a connection or from a skimmers exhaust.
    Rob

Thanks Rob ... if there's a place in my plumbing where air is comming in should I be seeing some water comming out?

Not really because the water going through the plumbing is creating negative pressure. Now if the hole was big then yes you would see water
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott