Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GFI question

GFI question

Not sur if it's because its late or not but here's astupid question.....Does it matter if you plug a GFI outlet with a extension cord ,then the Power bar would be connected to the GFI?
    Derik...

Anything plugged in to a GFI becomes protected Derik. If it is a power bar then everything plugged into that power bar becomes protected.
    Rob

i know that part the part im not sure is that if i take a GFI and i power it with an extension cord to a regular outlet?
    Derik...

Then anything plugged into that GFI, at the end of the extension cord, is GFI protected.
    Rob

ok,There is no special way to plug that GFI....Just like a regular outlet plug?There was 2 new ones at the shop that they werent using but there wasnt any instuctions on it and i wanted to make sure...
    Derik...

Anything up stream (so to speak) that is plugged into a GFI will be protected. For example .. The extension cord your talking about would not be protected but everything plugged into the GFI that is plugged into it would be. Follow me on that ??
    Rob

Oh yes definatly ehehe Its obvious but what i mean is....that GFI plug....will it function correclty by installing it like a regular outlet....the wires i mean..through a extension cord?
    Derik...

If the extension cord is a three prong Jobie your in business.
    Rob

Perfect..i just wanted to make sure as those outlet as made like regular ones....i should of ask the question in a better way ehehe..im making myslelf a little power bar unit...2 x5 plug industial power bar each connected to there own GFI and then plugged into the wall....I wanted to do that for a while but after the latest thread i read that his power bars caught on fire I figured id do that right away...

Thanks again Rob!!
    Derik...

These GFIs are made to go into a wall device boxes are they Derik?
    Rob

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast