Thread: ph

ph

I just add new LR and crabs last night and i've notice a change of ph. What would I need to get it up?

Its to low right now.
    Thanks
    180g AGA inwall W/ 2 overflows W/ 205g sump 20g fuge, 77g W/ 30g sump 12g fuge w/mag 9.5 pump.

What is the pH at?

Plus, anytime you add LR, expect the tank to now have to cycle once again (that's what I've been told anyways).
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

My Ph is around 7.9 right now I'm also due to do a water change this weekend. Would that help???
    180g AGA inwall W/ 2 overflows W/ 205g sump 20g fuge, 77g W/ 30g sump 12g fuge w/mag 9.5 pump.

Fresh batch of water should help a bit.

The PH likely dropped as a result of an O2 drop when the rock was added. Anything in your tank that decays uses up O2 and will drop your PH. Water change will help as will adding O2 and or circulation.
    Rob

Adding live rock doesnt mean that the tank will cycle all over again,....its a ll relative...depending on the size of tank and amount of LR you already have and the amount of time that rock has been cycled.
    Water change can help but can also worsen too...it all depends on the ph of the water you will add.

What is your calcium alkalinity etc....

7.9 isnt the end of the world it depends what you have in your tank and if your ph swings alot during one day.

What about aeration?DO you have enough surface agitation?Is there a oil film on top of the water?
    Derik...

Thanks guys i'll be adding one more powerhead as I was to introduce this morning. I will but it on top so it create a circulation. I did a water change since it was schedule to do today. My alkalinity was a bit low so i've put more (water & salt in my change up to bring it back a bit.

Bad thing as I lost a flame angel this morning!!!!!
    My temp is at 78,8 right now.

I'm getting a new sump and skimmer tomorrow.