micro bubbles from return

i just get up my sump and everything is running good with teh exception of a large amount of micro bubbles coming from my return. there's no bubbles going into the intake of the mag 7.
    anyone know what;s going on?
    Vu

I wonder if the pump is too big. I have a mag 7 running my 75 gallon. I originally had a 9.5 but I had huge amounts of bubbles. When I went to the mag 7 it fixed that. How many baffles do you have in your sump? There's one thing you could try, get some of that course foam for pond filters and put a strip of that in your baffles. This will hopefully break up some if not all the bubbles. Good Luck!!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

i have 3 dividers that section off the equipment and returns section and a single one that seperates the refuge and return

my baffles is only about an inch apart from each other, maybe that's the problem?
    Vu

Myself I still think that there is too much flow going through the tank. Try the foam thing. I bet it will help.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Mag 7 is moving too much water even if the size of the pump is not creating the bubbles.
    If your tank is only 33 gallons you should not be moving more then 330 gallons of water through your sump and somewhat less through your Refuge.
    Your setup can be ... All tank water into the equipment chamber. From there to the return pump chamber ... through the return pump with some of that water being directed into the refuge and some, in this case, back into the sump. You only want and need between 150 and 300 GPH returning to the tank.
    At some point down the road you "may" be able to use the extra pump capacity to run a UV, small skimmer or other piece of equipment.
    Rob

is there anything i can do to slow down my mag 7 then?
    Vu

If you don't want to direct some of its flow right back into the sump you can put a valve on the OUTPUT side of the pump and adjust the flow rate as needed. DO NOT RESTRICT THE INPUT SIDE OF THE PUMP.
    Being that you will have to buy a valve in ether setup you might as well direct the extra flow back to the sump and let the pump run full out.
    Rob

thats the best thing you could do is direct the flow back into the sump. Like Rob said you can always use it later on. UV light small skimmer. One of those filter tubes. Don't know what they are called.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

thanks guys, i think i;m going to redirect it back into sump, into the refugium
    Vu