Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For the most part my 3 cleaners don't do much except eat food. My fish rarely go to them anymore. I hope this is a good sign My yellow tank used to go at least once a week and let the cleaner sit right on his face to clean it. It was really neat to watch.
    Rob

Cleaners can help with parasites but since our tank's are so small even if the cleaner got every last "bug" on the fish it would likely get re-infected.

They also pick out dead skin, groom etc. Depending on the fish. I'm guessing the fish feels the same way about it the dog does when you scratch that spot he can never quite get ...

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Cleaners are virtually ineffective when it comes to ICH as the parasite burrows too deeply into the fish. I bet the fish enjoy the grooming though, and a cleaner probably contributes to a fish's overall well-being
    Don't Panic Feel free to visit my blog -> Internet Tough Guy.

They can get the "low hanging fruit" with ICH and clean the wound it made. But that's about it. A cleaner's not going to cure ICH by any means, agreed.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

I guess for the lazy reefer, you can just stick ur hand in the tank and let the cleaner shrimp clean & groom your hand too!
    Hardwares: 50G reef tank, 30G sump & ~55lb Indo/Fiji LR. Finnex 36"x4 T5 lights, Coralife Superskimmer 220g, Mag9.5 return and SEIO820+MJ600 PH.
    Corals: zoosss, mushrooms, hammer, torch, fogsprawn, blasto, crocea clam, RBTA
    Fish: Percular clown PJ cardinal, royal gramma, yellow watchman goby, 3x chromis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12