Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yellow tang.. meet cleaner shrimp

I've just put a cleaner shrimp into the tank & it imediately set up a cleaning station.

The yellow tang freaked the first time he got "jumped". Now he's swimming over to the shrimp, letting him jump on, then he shakes him off & scurries away to hide for a couple seconds.

Then he swims back so the shrimp can jump on again... it's hilarious to watch, almost like the tang's saying:

"Ewwww! Gross! Ick!!! Do it again? "

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

I know I love to watch my cleaner shrimp going on my fish. I seem him in there the other night and the maroon clown was swimming around with him hanging off the side of him. Pretty funny.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

It's really cool when a shrimp probes inside the mouth and gills of the fish!
    20 g reef, 72 g reef

one of my rock is pretty much a big cave that my two cleaners use as their cleaning station. the flame angle would swim in and one of the shrimp would jump on him and go to work all the while the flame is still grazing on the rocks. very interesting behaviour
    Vu

I can't wait to see this for myself. I remember seeing a diving video where a cleaner shrimp was cleaning a divers teeth ... pretty funny

I've had blood shrimp for a while, but the much less expensive skunk cleaners are way more friendly & they actually clean lol.

I think in the year I've had a blood shrimp I've seen him 5 or 6 times, 3 of which were moving him to the 90G tank.

The skunk just pops out & puts out his "open for business" sign. I wonder if the fish will line up later when I get more?

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

My 'lawnmower blenny' will go get cleaned by the cleaner shrimp quite often. Funny to watch.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

darn, must get a cleaner shrimp!
    Hardwares: 50G reef tank, 30G sump & ~55lb Indo/Fiji LR. Finnex 36"x4 T5 lights, Coralife Superskimmer 220g, Mag9.5 return and SEIO820+MJ600 PH.
    Corals: zoosss, mushrooms, hammer, torch, fogsprawn, blasto, crocea clam, RBTA
    Fish: Percular clown PJ cardinal, royal gramma, yellow watchman goby, 3x chromis.

Here's picture of my cleaner shrimps cleaning station. He hardly leaves that cave. I made that cave in the rock hoping that he would go it and and sure enough he did. I was a happy camper.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

I remember my cleaners and my yellow tang... ich infested one day (before the days of QT, haha) and then not a spot on him or any other fish after a day or so. Always a very busy cleaner shrimp, however.

Do you think that cleaners in the tank contribute to the parasitic control enough to keep things like ich outbreaks in check? My observation was only a single tang in a 30-gallon, with 3 cleaner shrimp.
    Jenn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast