Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best LPS for small tank

I really like LPS corals. In particular bubble corals, frogspawns, Torches and hammers. Which one of these corals have the smallest stinger tenticles? I currently have a candy cane coral and would like to add my 2nd and last lps of the tank. What would be the best choice for a nano?

Thanks,

Steph

I'm a frogspawn fan. While they will sting they're not terrible.

I was using one neon green frogspawn to keep the gsp confined to the left of my 10g and a second smaller green & purple tip sat on the right.

Neither was at the extreme side, just really far enough apart so they wouldn't really touch.

Frogspawns are pretty tough too, they moved up to the 90G at 5 weeks into my cycle (which was 1 week with 0,0,10 readings) and they've been pretty happy there since.

Reminds me I should likely change my sig, since I'm now into my 8th week lol...

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

I have 1 brown and 1 green torches, 1 hammer and 1 frogspawn... and strangely I still haven't seen any sweeping/stinger tenticles from either one. They mostly just close up at nite... shrug. But I would say for a nano, probably don't get torch coz when it's fully extend, even 1 head gets pretty big and take up alot of space. Hammer are more compact. Frogspawn, sorta in between... the one I have (octobubble frogspawn?!) can swell pretty big too, but i think there'r other types of frogspawn that doesn't get so fat?!
    Hardwares: 50G reef tank, 30G sump & ~55lb Indo/Fiji LR. Finnex 36"x4 T5 lights, Coralife Superskimmer 220g, Mag9.5 return and SEIO820+MJ600 PH.
    Corals: zoosss, mushrooms, hammer, torch, fogsprawn, blasto, crocea clam, RBTA
    Fish: Percular clown PJ cardinal, royal gramma, yellow watchman goby, 3x chromis.

Generally speaking the Euphillya Sp. won't sting one another, so torches, hammers, frogspawns should all be ok together.
    Don't Panic Feel free to visit my blog -> Internet Tough Guy.

Originally posted by mickyfin
    Generally speaking the Euphillya Sp. won't sting one another, so torches, hammers, frogspawns should all be ok together.
    They won't sting each other but which ones have the shortest stinger tenticles so that they won't sting other types of corals?

BTW thanks for the info everyone

Originally posted by StephG
    They won't sting each other but which ones have the shortest stinger tenticles so that they won't sting other types of corals?
    Which of the Euphillya or LPS in general?

I would recommend 8" of distance between corals regardless of how long they can sweep. Allelopathy is a concern as well.

Originally posted by StephG In particular bubble corals, frogspawns, Torches and hammers[/B]
    All of those guys can have long sweepers that pack a punch.

I have a red brain that I like a lot. Sits on the bottom.

Brain
    20 g reef, 72 g reef

Softies work well in a nano as well. they tend to play nicer together then most LPS do.

Maybe a nice toadstool as a center piece with 1-2 LPS on either side with shrooms and zoos + xenia to fill in the gaps and a brain on the sand?

Hmm you've given *me* ideas now :-D
    Don't Panic Feel free to visit my blog -> Internet Tough Guy.

heheheh that's what I was thinking. An LPS each side of the tank and zoos, softies ,xenia and 1-3 sps. So i'm giving you ideas eh? Are you going to become the next nano-reefer at AC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast