Halichoeres ornatissimus

Hello the Forum, newbie here.

I added a 6 inch Christmas Wrasse to my 25g Fowlr today. (5 week old setup)

Will it be happy in 25g? I've read minimum tank size 55g for this fish after I came home with it...d'oh!

Also, will he/she leave my 5 red tip hermits alone? I think she is a she becuase she lacks the black dots along the topfin.
    Very energetic and pretty fish, that seems to be already at home in my tank. Livng with a feather duster (that ducks when she's around) a shaving brush plant, and a coral banded shrimp. I've been watching for problems all day but haven't seen any yet. She did eyeball the hermits a couple of times however. Thanks.
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

Welcome to Aquaria.

I can't speak to Christmas Wrasses, but, I can say that my Canary Wrasse (about 5 inches long) might have eaten some of the smaller fan worms (not sure) but has left my Hawiian Feather Duster completely alone and I have never seen any agression or feeding off of the hermit crabs. I suspect you'd need a creature with a better crusher mechanism to go after hermits.

And 25 might be a bit crowded for the fish but, it will survive in the short term (a few months) if there aren't too many other similar fish around.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Thanks, for the reply. I don't plan on adding much more except a lemon goby, a few snails, and when I improve lighting, corals

As well, this fish completely buries itself in the sand with only the tail out. I thought it was dead. How does it breathe, I wonder. SW takes a bit getting used to lol.

Yeah, when I added my Wrasse to the 29 gallon I had at the time, he went into the sand (fairly deep where he was thanks to the Pistol Shrimp -- who leaves no stone unturned) and stayed there three days. I've heard that in times of stress they will stay down for up to a week. I guess if you are laying burried in sand underwater you don't need to breath that much and they manage.

And yes. Salt water creatures take some getting used to. :-D
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

She did stay buried most of yesterday, but is out and about this morning. Ate well, so I think it will be ok.
    Pistol shrimps cool, but my sand bed is not that deep so I second thought it and bought the coral banded shrimp.
    Mental note for future.