Thread: Garf grunge

Garf grunge

LIVE SAND ACTIVATOR
    GARF GRUNGE*
    BACTERIA AND OTHER ORGANISMS FROM THE FINEST MARINE AQUARIUMS THAT WE HAVE KEPT DURING THE LAST TWENTY YEARS. WE ADD TO THIS GENETIC POOL OF FILTER ANIMALS EACH TIME WE RECEIVE LIVE ROCK FOR OUR RESEARCH.
    GARF GRUNGE* HAS A VERY LARGE NUMBER OF CORALINE ALGAE SPECIES IN IT.

NO WILD LIVE SAND CAN HAVE THE BIODIVERSITY FOUND IN THIS ACTIVATOR!
    $5.00 PER POUND
    Reef aquariums require a large variety of organisms to filter the water properly. Aquarium habitat is very different from ocean habitat.

Live Sand from a natural reef is good for starting marine aquariums, but each location on a reef has a limited number of species. Poor packing and shipping methods further deplete this fragile wild population.

We have been keeping an unbroken chain of successful reef aquariums in Idaho since 1977. Several times during this period we have had over 100 aquariums. We have researched captive breeding of such diverse species as Chambered Nautilus and Acropora coral.

TRY LIVE SAND ACTIVATOR
    GARF GRUNGE $5.00 LB.
    0NE POUND FOR EACH THREE GALLONS WILL ACTIVATE TWO INCHES OF ARAGONITE SAND
    ADD ONE POUND PER 10 GALLONS TO IMPROVE WILD LIVE SAND!

what do you think? Is there something like it available in Canada?
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

I have read conflicting stories on Reef Central about the biodiversity of GARF Grunge. I have emaled Sally Jo about shipping to Canada when I first started a marine tank and never got a response. I am pretty sure that you can't send this stuff across the boarder. Never heard of any organization in Canada doing something similar. Despite the conflicting reviews on RC I do applaud the GARF for their conservation efforts.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

Curious, I got a response from Sally-Joe right away, but, unfortunately they do not or cannot ship Garf Grunge to Canada.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Sponsor - Ottawa Inverts
    what were the conflicting views about graf grunge just out of interest... not that it matter since they cant ship here anyway..
    Hours:
    Saturdays: 10am - 6pm
    Sundays: 10am - 12pm "Salty Sundays"
    Sundays: 12pm - 6pm

Contact us at:
    613-884-SALT
    613-884-7258

Sure would be to someone's advantage to go into the Garf grunge or 'Canada grunge' producing route if someone was of a mind too.
    I would buy if I had a source...wink wink, say no more
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad: