Starting tank over

Well because my tnak busted while it was being moved by a moving company while I was on my honeymoon, I had to start my system all over from scratch. Upgraded from a 55 to a 77. Just curious if you think I should do anything different than what I'm doing now. I used all NSW for the tank that is running continuoisly through a uv sterilizer. I have added an extra 80 lbs of caribsea agronite to the old sandbed, and have added another 40 lbs of miaki rock. That brings the total rock total to 11o pounds and the sand to 100. The tank as been set up using these additions to the rock and sand from my old setup. So far no signs of amonia and the like. Using bactera vital and live sand bed solution from Mark Weisse. Started to add the ceaning crew yesterday and all is still well. Any comments or suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.

Nothing significant to add, but, if you are going from a shallow sand bed to a deeper one (you should be close to 3" with 100 lb in a 77 gallon tank), make sure you have some cleaner crew to keep the sand bed churned, snails, conch, cucumber, etc.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Yeah thats what I figured. Was planning on adding 50 or so various snails and hermits and the like. two tigertail cucs and a strawberry conch. Does that sound adequate or do I need to add more?

I would ramp up to that level.

I don't think the Strawberry Conch gets very big (2" or so, I think), but, I have heard (I don't have one) that they are buldosers and will topple your rockwork if it isn't stable.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Ok thanks a lot cres. What type of conch would you recommend then? Also if anyone else has any cleanup crew suggestions send them along.

Conchs in general are buldozers, not because they are big and strong but they move the sand around the bottom of the rocks. I have some of my rocks on the glass and the sand around them so they won't shift, the rest on a PVC stand. I have a turbo and a strombus in my 65 and have not had anymovement this way.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

Thanks for the info shipwreck. How deep is your sandbed and do those two conchs keep it turned over?