2 questions - lunar lights and fuge

Hello

2 quick questions...

1. I have recently set up a fuge, and Im wondering if I should add a clean up crew to the fuge? If so, what would you recommend?

2. Are there any pros/cons to running LED lunar lights in the main display tank, or are they just for looks?

Thanks for your time.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Setup:
    27 Gallon Saltwater tank, 110W PC Light, Seaclone 100, 5 gallon HOB Fuge,Approx. 30lbs Live rock, Aragamax sand substrate.
    Livestock:
    Tomato clown, Mandarin dragonnet, Bicolor Angel, Assorted hermits and snails, Cleaner Shrimp.
    Corals:
    Assorted mushrooms, Zoanthids, Finger Leather.

Re: 2 questions - lunar lights and fuge

Originally posted by cdn beaver
    1. I have recently set up a fuge, and Im wondering if I should add a clean up crew to the fuge? If so, what would you recommend?

Clean up crews are important everywere. I would use some snails nassaurius for sand and maybe a turbo or too for the glass. if larger maybe a conch or brittlestar

Originally posted by cdn beaver
    2. Are there any pros/cons to running LED lunar lights in the main display tank, or are they just for looks?

Thanks for your time.
    They can be for both. You will probably only acheive the looks portion as the pros I have read about are difficult to acheive. I have read several sources that stated that with proper simulation of moon lights they were able to get the corals to spawn. The most official source used an incandescent blue bulb but varied its output to simulate the entire lunar cycle to induce spawning. I can say that with the right LEDS it is well worth it for just the looks.

Here is my anemone under 6 LEDs

In the fuge, you need to trim the macro of course, so they dont go into sexual reprodution. A janitor crew will do SOME trimming for you.
    Note: if you dont trim, sexual reprodution occurs... a large portion of the macro appears to die, leaving behind an empty shell, and the water goes foggy from all the released spores (actually split nuclei [gametes]). Then you get a macro bloom that can potentially suck all the nutrients out of your water, AND over grow your coral. So, in a fuge, you need to trim (janitors will help, but not do it completley), provide extra calcium for the macros shell layer to develop, and provide ample light.

Does this help at all?