Thread: Burst Pipe

Burst Pipe

&!@#&!@#$*&!@$#&!@&!!

There's a leak in my main bathroom someplace. It's of course coming through the cieling over top of my 90G tank.

I don't think a lot got into to the water, but it's gone through the floor, drywall, stucco & into the tank for what has.

I'm running carbon, I won't be able to do a partial until I figure out where the leak in the bathroom is.

I'm not noticing any signs of stress in the fish or coral ... yet. Lots of stress in me & my wife...

Anything else I can do?

Looks like I'll have to replace part of the cieling over the tank, and lord knows what in the bathroom.

So far every hole I've made to look produces a dry pipe. I'm in over my head though. I'm using a tape measure & a keyhole saw & cutting in opposite to the bathtub since the carpet in the hall is wet right there.

So much for the relaxing week-end.
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

You Poor thing!

I had a pipe break in an apartment I was renting one time. As luck would have it, my Landlord was a plumer! As Murphy's Law would have it, it was late Saturday night and he was out! When he finnally got home, he was too drunk to fix it!

My BF ended up just putting a piece of the Red Rubber stuff for your doors around the pipe and using a few hose clamps to seal it. Never leaked after!!!!!

Hope it work out for you! Never fun to ave a leak!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Hey piatchie..your "newf" is showing...oof:

:biggrinbo

Krugar, sorry to hear that happened to me awhile back also.

Kruger: what's the SG at? That should give you an idea how much water might have gotten into your tank.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Check both ends of the up tube from the toilet water supply shutoff valve to the underside of the toilet tank, Check the valve its self at the stem, Do the same for the sink connections. If they are all OK then it is likely your wax seal under the toilet. if the toilet rocks or moves at all the wax seal can develop a leak.
    Rob

The SG might be down a half point, I haven't checked SG since my last partial, but I've taken a bunch of water out of the tank to start cultures.

Regardless I'm at 1.024 instead of the 1.025 I mix my partial water too.

Everything seems okay in the tank except for a tri-coloured acro. The base is looking like it might be starting to bleach. I'm hoping it's not rtn.

Looks like the cold water tap in the bathtub failed. Not the C2 cartridge but the seal where it joins to the copper pipe. Why it sprayed back into the wall instead of the tub I have no clue.

I replaced the taps & there's no more leak. Might have been over kill but it seems to be working.

The pisser is I nicked a mex line cutting into the dry-wall. It doesn't leak (yet) but the cut's deep enough I don't trust it to leave the water on.

I'm going to have to leave the water off over night. Tomorrow I'll cut the line & put a union on it.

Which means I can start making RO/DI for a partial tomorrow.
    I'm not sure what I can do before that. I have no place to store premade saltwater so I end up mixing it the day before I need it.

This might bone me

Oh man I hope that the water leak is not fecal!!!
    Human feces will cause havoc.
    Good luck!!!
    I have a lot of Patients

No it was just the taps in the bathtub. The copper pipe come sout of the wall & then there's a screw on gizmo that crimps a ring over the pipe & it's supposed to keep it in the taps.

All of which is before the cartridges & the rest of everything tap-like.

That bit failed, and the water shot out the back, ran down my ducts and driped into the kitchen.

I think the panic was worse than everything else lol. I've just finished a bottle of coke & about a 1/3rd of a bottle of rum. Seems I'm a tad more relaxed now

Anyway on the up side, where the cieling was bjorked looks to be a short piece, ~ 6' x 2'. I'm hoping I can just take that out & replace. I'll give me a chance to put in some lumber to hang my lights correctly. Seems I didn't want to take off drywall the first time around ...

As to the tank, nothings changed, which should be good news I hope. I think the drop in SG was largely due to the salt water I took out on Friday for my brine shrimp etc. Either way a .001 difference isn't huge.

The gunk in the water worries me, but I'll do a partial once I've fixed the plumbing. Turns out I nicked a couple pipes with the key hole saw. None badly enough to leak, but I don't fancy closing up the wall on a weakened pipe. Esp. when it's that plastic mex crap.

Oh hey if anyone's decient in drywalling & has some spare time tomorrow, I'll buy the beer. There's not a lot to fix, but I find drywalling alone is a supreme pain in the arse.

Cheers!

Tank $450.
    Salt $158.
    Light $320.
    Fish $323.
    Coraline $20
    Water top of while you are taking shower: priceless.

Hope everything is fine.
    Man that goes to bed with itchy butt, wakes up with stinky finger!
    -Confusious

LOL!:dance:
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?