Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acrylic glue

Acrylic glue

What brands are safe to use to glue /caulk acrylic together?

If the joints are very close fitting you can use Weldon #3. If however the joints are somewhat rough go wit ha higher numbered Weldon product. There are a few different names but it's all the same stuff. You will have to buy it at a plastics shop because it is a specialty item.
    Rob

Is there anything that I can pick up locally in a Rona or Home Depot that would work?

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    Is there anything that I can pick up locally in a Rona or Home Depot that would work?
    I am uncertain that they sell weldon, or equivalent, at HD or Rona. Never saw it there either. If you are local to the Ottawa area, two places you can get the chemicals are: GE Polymeres off Innes road, near the overpass, and also Canus PLastics at 300 Lisgar street. Canus has anything and everything related to plastic and acrylic to your hearts content. Not to mention practically whatever plumbing parts you would need for your tank. A store visit is worth the trip, if only to see what they have in there! If you just want to look, ensure to leave your credit card and ATM card at home! It can and will get expensive if you start filling up your shopping bag! I know! LOL
    Hope this help.

Serge
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Serge
    I am uncertain that they sell weldon, or equivalent, at HD or Rona. Never saw it there either. If you are local to the Ottawa area, two places you can get the chemicals are: GE Polymeres off Innes road, near the overpass, and also Canus PLastics at 300 Lisgar street. Canus has anything and everything related to plastic and acrylic to your hearts content. Not to mention practically whatever plumbing parts you would need for your tank. A store visit is worth the trip, if only to see what they have in there! If you just want to look, ensure to leave your credit card and ATM card at home! It can and will get expensive if you start filling up your shopping bag! I know! LOL
    Hope this help.

Serge
    The last time I was at GE Polymeres off Innes road they told me they were not going to be carrying it any more due to the number of issues involved with bringing the stuff in. I was lucky ... they sold me a 1 liter can that they said was the last can they had. I would suggest you call them first before making the drive. Canus however dose have the stuff and will sell it to you in small volumes.
    Rob

liv
    ya weld-on is the way to go unless you want the stuff that just binds the too products together, ( it just melts them together, better stronger bond, but doesn't seal cracks ). I can't remember the chemical name of it, its like chloromethaline or something like that. You should put your location in your profile, its easier to help you that way.

Thanks. I just updated my profile.
    I'm from Brampton, Ontario. I'm just trying to find a Canadian site that sells Weld-on.

Will acrylic hold to glass very well? I will probably go acrylic to acrylic but I'm wondering how it will hold to glass.

NO acrylic and glass can not be bonded to one another very securely.
    Rob

Loctite

Loctite has a product call Prizm Gel 454 it is a little pricey about $25.00 a tube. you can also go to www.plasticworld.ca they answer email questions
    TOMJ

I know rona lyola schmitt version has acrylic glue i forget the technical name basically it melts and bond the molecules together, go the the glass counter and ask they sell it in a dosing bottle, stuff evaporates frigging fast though
    675 Gallon Aquarium in the works

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast