Question any aquaria shows

Just wondering...

Is there such a thing as a aquaria show? A place where people can see new products from manufacturers.

Similiar to the Royal winter Fair or snowmobile show or dog shows....

I would be willing to travel to talk to manufactures, compare/contrast products Yadda,Yadda Yadda

Anybody know of anything similiar?
    I have a lot of Patients

Basically a MACNA or A IMAC type show,In Canada there just isnt enough trafic for the manufactures to do one, unlike MACNA or IMAC where people show up lke crazy and is well worht it for them.

We have Distributor Tradeshows for the Retail stores where the store owners get to see the new products but thats it.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

You can mark your calendar for next year's IMAC show if you like. The information that I received from Dennis Gallagher is outlined below.

Enjoy

Ron

:fish3: :

___

We are well underway in planning for next year. In 2006, IMAC will again be at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Chicago on April 28, 29 and 30th. This is a change in dates since we recently wrote many of you and found out that you didn’t like Memorial Day. We originally thought that not having to take time off from work would be better. Sorry about that. We are adding a number of special events for spouses, significant others and family so you can make IMAC a family vacation. And with your registration, a friend or family member can attend all the speaker sessions and see the exhibits for FREE, but this option expires November 30. They don’t get a Program Book or the Banquet, but they can use yours, and you can always get them a Banquet ticket and then they get everything!

These special events include a trip to Frank Lloyd Wright’s home and studio, a Windy City tour of Sears Tower, Museums, Navy Pier and other landmarks, trips to the Field Museum (new King Tut and Dino Zone exhibits), Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium, an Evening Dinner Cruise on Lake Michigan, a bus trip to Six Flags Great America Amusement Park, a trip to the Museum of Science and Industry (U-505 German sub and an IMAX theatre), the Chicago Art Institute and shopping on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, a trip to the Woodfield Mall (the second largest in the country), an Evening show and dinner at a “Gangster Speakeasy” Nite Club, a live Broadway-style performance at a Chicago Theatre, plus much more. The Cubs and White Sox will probably have home games at that time as well, and we will see about getting tickets for a taping of the Oprah Winfrey show.

So far, we have a very impressive speaker lineup including Martin Moe, Eric Borneman, Anthony Calfo, Dr. Ron Shimek, Dr. Sanjay Joshi, Bob Fenner, Mike Paletta, Allen LaPointe, Dr. Adelaide Rhodes, Zack Schwartz, John Kelly, Julian Sprung and Dana Riddle, with more to come.

You can now participate in a survey on the Registration Page of www.theimac.org to indicate which events you think your spouse/significant other/family would like to participate in to help us in our planning. By completing the survey you will not be committed to any of them. You will have a chance to sign up for them later.

Next year we are enlarging the Exhibit Hall to accommodate about 70 booths and, of course we have the Great IMAC Raffle. We will also have almost continuous Fragging Demos with free frags being given away at the FragExchange booth.

Special IMAC room rates at the hotel are just $109/nite, which makes IMAC the least expensive weekend conference you can attend.

Our attendance has been growing each year (this year there were 562 of you) and we expect an even bigger jump in attendees in 2006, so use the special low registration rate now to get in on what we believe will be the best IMAC yet. Registration for the special spouse and family events will be limited to earlier registrants so don’t delay!

Cheers,

Dennis Gallagher, Chairman

International Marine Aquarium Conference

http://www.theimac.org

man when i was in taiwan, there were shows like his left and right, with competitions for aquascaping and dragon fish (arrowana)

manufatures from around the globe would attend these cause taiwan is such a heavy aquarium loving place (small place, ideal pet is fish)

i've seen some crazy shit... and they give away stuff like its made by underage chinese slaves! (oh wait.. it is)

anyway... the ones i've been to were all excellent...

IMAC Videos

Hi Everybody;

Just in case you have never been to an IMAC, here is how you can get an idea of what to expect. Just go to www.theimac.org and scroll down to the bottom of the home page. You can see major portions of the presentations given by some speakers in the past. These include:

Dr. Ron Shimek, “Myth Takes About Sand Beds”
    Anthony Calfo, “Coral Farming”
    Jeff Mitchell, “Diseases in Hippocampus”
    Randy Reed, “Culturing Copopods and Rotifers”
    Julian Sprung, “Goniopora Husbandry”
    Richard Harker, “Coral Growth vs. Spectral Quality”
    Eric Borneman, “Reef Aquarium Myths”
    Dr. Ron Shimek, “A History of Sand Bed Organisms”

And the best part of this is that you can see them for FREE.

Enjoy!

Dennis

Has anybody else went out and spent a lot of money thinking that a piece of equipment they bought was great (usually after great time researching) only to find out that something even better is out there but because it is not offered at your LFS you were never exposed to it?
    I don't mean food or supplements, I mean major things like protein skimmers,Lighting, and even tanks themselves are major expenses. I am always looking for the definative item for my tank ( not really the best or biggest but rather the "most bang for the buck").
    What I would like to see is a show that has representation from major manufactures to show off their latest products
    I have a lot of Patients

Exclamation IMAC Exhibitors

Hi badmedicine;

Well, IMAC will have about 70 booths with exhibitors showing off their stuff. So far we have:

Marineland
    Seachem
    All-Glass Aquarium
    Oceanic Systems
    Energy Savers Unlimites
    Kent Marine
    Phishy Business
    Dirk's Reef
    Hikari
    No Sick Fish
    EIPC Ballasts
    Sharkey's Reef