Thread: SnowFlake Eel

SnowFlake Eel

Hi all, Anyone in Saint John NB or area looking for a Eel? I had this eel for about 6 months or so. I would like to get rid of it,as its too boring :biggrinbo He eats like a pig.Hes about 10-12 inches long.

Thanks,

Marcel
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

I would take him in a few weeks. I am currently treating a rather sick Lionfish in my 33 but he is on the fast track to recovery for the past few days. Once his wound has completely healed I would add your snowflake to the 55. I have had a Lionfish/Snowflake combo in the past and they lived peacefully together. The Lionfish will be a permanent resident at my house as I don't expect he will ever look the same again. Just curious, where did you get the Eel. I did see one at Village Pets in SJ a while back.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

SnowFlake Eel

I got him from JL. I have him in a 30 gallon with a couple Damsels hes in excellent condition

Marcel
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

Pink Floyd

I'm just wondering because I have no idea but you think the Eel might make a meal out of the lionfish? Not being on the top of his game. I'm thinking that he might say to himself that fish has no tail, looks like an easy meal. I hope that don't sound rude, I not saying it to be rude at all.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

I got him in with 2 blue damsels and he wont even touch them..... They sit right by his cave and fan his face with there tails I'm just waiting for him to snap at them,but no such luck

Marcel
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

Pink Floyd

No its not a problem. Snowflakes are pretty mild mannered. The Lionfish in question will recover some of its tail, but, you are right, I would want to give it a few weeks to get back as it just ate yesturday for the first time in weeks. The mouth of a full grown 24" Snowflake could not possibly take on the Lionfish. I have actually seen my former Snowflake eel swim up to a fish and open it's mouth to see if it would fit before backing away to strike. It was commical.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

Yeah this guy seems to be pretty calm.I just wish he would come out more,than just to eat..... I think I piss him off as I only feed him every 3 days,then thats how I get to enjoy him
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

Pink Floyd

mine eats like pig
    He will take food right out of my hand, and fish if he can catch them but he's awefully slow.
    he lives well with a lionfish.
    no problems there

they are alot of fun, but true they don't do much
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500