Little green damsel Staghorn

The little green damsels, someone has it in their avatar - do they get aggressive with age?

Thanks,
    Julie

If you're talking about the Green Chromis in my avatar ... they don't get agressive. I know that some people refer to them as damsels sometime. They are non agressive fish and I don't believe that changes with age.

Yes that's the one, is he hardy?
    And that other actual damsel is a staghorn, it's nice too?

Julie

From what I've read Chromis are generally hardy. I have read about some cases where people have problems with them but with all the reading I've done I have found that they are hardy fish that do well in captivity. They are also a "schooling" fish so they like to be kept in small groups. I have never heard of the other damsel you mention. Damsels in general are hardy but agressive fish. Did a quick google on "staghorn damsel" and found a picture of it ... it's a pretty cute fish I didn't find any info on them though ... sorry.

Steph

I know sometimes it's hard to find the fish you want - there's some pretty good variety in mtl though.

Thanks,
    Julie

I have two fish in my 10 Gallon tank. I have one false percula clownfish and one yellow clown goby. They both have amazing colors and they get along very well. I've acctually refered to them as buddies because they're always together. The yellow clown goby has an awsome personality. Wherever I'm looking into the tank he moves to that location and perches on a coral or rock. Great fish. When I get a larger tank I will definaly have a school of Green Chromis. It's one of my favorite fish but it wouldn't be happy on his own in my 10G. I'm sure you'll make a good decision.

Good luck!

Steph

Good point, they're shoalers and my tank isn't big enough.
    I really like the gobies, so cute when they are peaking out.

Julie

I'd say green chromis are the least hardy of the damsel/chromis bunch. Especially when they first arrive in the store and at your home. They are very susceptible to bacterial infections. Once/if they have made it past the 2-3 week break in period, they do very well. They are also the least aggressive of the bunch, but that doesn't mean they aren't aggressive. In a small tank- less than 30 gallons or so- they can get mean if the other fish in the tank are timid. And a group will only do well in a much bigger tank. I have noticed that they only really school when they are smaller, once they grow up a little in a tank, they tend to go their own seperate ways.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high