Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what are my chances?

I made a (oh my waiting for the sighs) an impulse buy today. Its my day off and too much time on my hands.
    I bought a 4 inch LTA. Its looking well as I speak. I picked up a tiny tomato clown and he's hovering over the anenome and it looks ok...now.

If I see the anenome start to look funny, I'll find him a better place. I figure he's happier here than over there and if he was going to die there at least here he'll be cared for. Make sense?
    I've got a little over 7.5 watt per gallon.:crap:
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

7.5 watts per gallon is good ive only got 5.8 and my bta is lookin good
    33g tank
    60 pounds of lr
    1 clown
    1 black harbour goby

75g in the works

cool He's all plumped up, grabbed up a couple pieces of shrimp and looks fine.....ummmm so far of course.

I have a friend hwo has had a striated LTA for 2 years under NO floresants and to be honest, it looks better than any of mine and they are all under MH. Feeding is the key to success long term with anenomes. That and stable water conditions.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

I wanna mod my tank to hold eventually an anemone
    i dunno if it'll ever happen, but heres hoping

I don't know what posessed me to buy it. They had carpet anenome, bubble tip, larger and still relatively inexpensive at 50$, I saw a purple tip something, but took the LTA, a small one 35$.
    I always thought they were too difficult and figured only if I had a large setup with all the bells and whistles. I'm glad I went for it, but had alot of doubts on the ride home and almost went back to return it. He looks really happy. When I get cam batteries I'll post one.

I am not a fan of Carpets due to their tendancy to eat anything that touches it including, in some cases, your clowns. Bubble tips are nice but they tend to wonder around the tank. The other anenome you mention is probably a Sebae Anenome. The LTA that you have purchased will outgrow your 25 if thats what you have it in. You can expect to oral disk to get over 10" in the first year. It should be placed on the bottom of the tank so its foot can burrow in the substrate and attach itself to the glass bottom.

Good luck.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

good stuff man, sometime impulse buy can turn into your most prized possessions... NOT THAT I"M ADVOCATING IT

carpets are easier to care for IMO, i had one that lived in the horrid contditions that is my tank for 2 years

swiseman you say your friend has an LTA undr no florecents lights what kind of light does he have, to support it

I believe that the "no" refers to normal output.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast