Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new 10 g nano

new 10 g nano

ahright guys. i bought the system from lt hook. very good seller by the way. all the info is in my signature. if theres spelling mistakes pls let me know lol. first question. i have about 4 astrea snails in there right now. i want a good cleanup crew what r your recommendations. theres a big of bubble algae so an emeral crab should take care of that right. i used 60 % of the already established water and the rest is new water. the live rocks are already cured since lt hook already had them in the tank. now i changed the sand bed and put in 15 lbs of aragonite. will this create a small cycle ? and the small damsel in the tank what kind of flake food should i feed him ? any recommendations? now on to the skimmer it is a prism skimmer. the thing is loud and creates alot of bubbles. is there something i can do to quiet it down. khoa is comign tonight to see if he can adjust it but i doubt he can get it to quiet down. any diy mods to this skimmer ? how long should i keep the lights on ? and what is the prefered temp. right now its at 80 should i keep it at that. the only thing in it right now is the damsel and the xenias pom pom and snails. any suggestions on stuff u would suggest or change. this is my first tank so keep that in mind lol. thanks for your help.

another question what do u guys use for backgrounds. i want the back to be black but i dont want to paint. should i just buy the black background at petsmart and glue it on the outside ? oh and this is a picture of the skimmer.

man i asked for the tank first... i guess he thought it would be easier to sell to you since ur in the city. got my hopes up and never mailed back

im sorry. but if it makes u feel any better its in good hands.

nope... i wanted that systems so i can sell my friend mine.. he's been dying to get into the hobby...

but i promised him, so i'm gonna sell it to him anyway.

well then u snooze u lose

lol i didn't snooze, i'm in hamilton he was gonna bring it down for me, i suppose he just went for who was most convient rather than who msgd him first.

anyway, if you are gonna upgrade and want to get rid of the systems, i'm really interested in the light and skimmer, let me know

will do but i think the wife wants to keep it once i upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by 93GTCANADA
    now i changed the sand bed and put in 15 lbs of aragonite. will this create a small cycle ?
    You bet! Keep an eye on the water parameters.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Sponsor - Ottawa Inverts
    congrats on the new setup!
    some mushrooms would be nice in there for colour. ivan has some real nice ones right now too.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast