Downgrading.. for now

Considering Downgrading to a smaller tank until we purchase our home. About (40-60Gallon) The place we live in now is beautiful, but about 100 years old and don't want any tank-going-thru-floor happenings!

Here is what I have:

90 Gallon Hagen Tank
    Custom built very STRONG stand (Black with brushed silver handles/hunges) open back for electrical cords
    Canopy/ Black w/ 1 Actinic Marine Glo light 40W & 1 PowerGlo light 40W

Of corse I would need to buy a new tank first, then transfer all of my livestock ect... so let me know what you have if interested in a trade+cash....

Selling any livestock?

Quote Originally Posted by clownchick22
    The place we live in now is beautiful, but about 100 years old and don't want any tank-going-thru-floor happenings!
    Actually, the engineers I've seen commenting about floor safety generally say that older houses are safer since they were built to a higher standard. That of course assumes the wood is not rotting.

Good luck with your plans.
    Nick

I lived in an old place and solved the 90 gallon tank on an old floor problem with four pieces of 4x4 and two steel jack poles from Home Depot. If you can put the jack poles in the basement you'll be good to go.

Hank.

its to bad to hear if the floor isnt going to withstand the weight have you ver thought of putting it in the basement if its finished. i live in an apartment on the seventh floor and everyday im worried about it falling through the floor, thats also another reason why i havnt added a sump i dont think i need more weight in that spot

Clownchick, you may want to have your joist looked at. I wouldnt be surprised if they are oversized. In many cases you can find extremely large beams in older houses, in the order of 10x10s or even 12x12s. Needless to say, a beam of that size can hold up a huge amount of weight.
    -Dazz

Quote Originally Posted by Dave83
    Selling any livestock?
    Not at the moment...

Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess that does make sense. We live on the second floor. It's a 3 floor home.
    I'll see what I can look into...