Thread: How many Tangs?

How many Tangs?

A fellow saltwater hobbiest is looking to find a new home for a Tang that too agressive for his tank! So I was wondering if I could put it in my 77G tank but I already have a purple in there whose called it home for over a year! Is there enough room for two or would I be pushing my luck. The bio load for this tank is low with only two other clowns! Any thoughts!
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

what kinda tang is it?

in a 77 u'd be lucky to get away with 2 IMO, unless they are very different species...

Purple Tangs are agressive themselves. I think the majority of hobbiest would advise against it. The bigger question is what kind of Tang is it? One in a 77 is not so bad as long as it is a sailfin type like a yellow or purple. Surgeon types like Clown, Naso, and Sohal would be cramped even by themselves. Generally speaking you can add a sailfin variety and a surgeon varity together, but, two surgeons or two sailfins would not get along unless there is a lot of room, ike a 180gal.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

It's a small Powder brown, about half the size of the purple but I thought I would be pushing it with the two! He wants to get another type but one less agressive, I myself didnt think the P.Br. tangs were agressive!
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

I have had 3 tangs in a simliar size tank in the past. 2 yellow and a naso. There were no problems with aggression. They may however out grow your tank. Need lots of swimming room but at the same time lots of hiding places.