Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new additions

new additions

Hey guys,
    i picked up some more live rock today which should be my last major LR addition. might add a few smaller rubble peices but for now i think i am done adding LR. And i Also added my first critter to the tank. He is a little emerald crab. And he has been named mr crabby. and so far he has been stuffing his little face. Right now he is all alone but i am hoping in a week or two i will be able to start adding a few more things to the tank as well.
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by insaney2001
    He is a little emerald crab. And he has been named mr crabby. and so far he has been stuffing his little face.
    Whatever you do, don't get a narrow line puffer. Mine ate all of my emerald crabs. That fish has got to be worth $300 by now (original cost plus the cost of everything it has eaten.

Hank.

puffer + invertebrate... yup... yup...

mr. crabby eh? ur daughter come up with that one?

Hey,
    lucky for me i don't think i could fit one in my tank if i wanted to. its only a ten gallon and my plans for what i will stock it with are as follows. feel free to comment as i am still learning and this is my first reef tank.
    I plan on adding
    a pepermint shrimp
    about four dwarf hermits
    3 or four snails mst likely astreas but might add a cerrinth as well
    Two ocellaris clowns
    a small gobby probably a firefish
    and a bunch of corals
    i plan on adding mostly softies with a couple select easier hard corals. ike pssibly an open brain, plate coral or candy cane but i rather enjoy the Lps corals.
    So anyways thats my thoughts on what i woud like to add after much research and of course my personal preference. cheers
    Mel

Hey,
    heheheh nope my bf did.
    Mel

that sounds good, make sure ur light can support those LPS

They will be able to. i have looked into it and am planning on upgrading around x mas before i attempt to add corals to the tank.
    Mel

sounds pretty good i would up the hermit count a little. they stay really small i have 15 in my tank. 4 astres 2 nas 2 cerith and 2 i cant remember the names lol. i got the blue legs hermits. they are good and wont distroy everything as they stay really small. my list is pretty much like yours. take a look at my signature. i want to get the damsel out one day. add a goby. and maybe a shrimp. and a buddy for my ocellaris and thats it. then i add corals and such. whats your list of equipement ?

well so far my equipment is very lw tech. i have an aquaclear filter and the basic incandecent hood the tank came with the tank. Which i plan on up grading to the coralife light fixture. also plan on adding a heater to keep the temp more stable since right now it goes up w the lights on and down when theyre off. Unfortunately all the spare heaters i had in my stuff were fryed.
    Mel

ivan sells the light that i have very good and doesnt produce alot of heat and sits nicely on top of the tank. bulbs are pretty cheap to change too once a year. i would recommend a heater for winter. u only need a 50 w one. ebo makes some good ones i read on here. good luck with the tank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast