Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

He aint eating!!!

Hi guys

I picked up a Juvi Emperor last Saturday from the LFS. He wasnt eating that much when i got him, I made them feed him , etc. I know , I know!!

Anyways, Its been 5 days since i have him and he is not really eating at all. The tank is doing good, all the paremeters are fine as far as I can tell and the fish seems to be in proper shape, no sign of stress or anything. The clown trigger hasnt been aggresive at all with it as hes just a little baby himself.

Here is a list of what i have tried to feed him.

Mysis shrimp
    Omega brine shrimp
    Formula 1 flake
    Formula 2 flake
    Formula 1 cube
    Frozen Krill
    Frozen Angel Cube

When i go my feedings the 2 other fish I have are waiting at the top of the glass in aticipation while this guy remains under a rock, i guess he might still be shy and adjusting. Another point of interest I notice. He is constantly picking at the glass, the heater , the pumps. All these things have algea on them.

What can I try guys?

Thanks

Shel
    100 Gallon
    Maroon Clownfish
    Japanese Swallowtail Angel Female
    100 pounds LR

well, a couple of things, they will just pick at stuff like sponges etc,, for the first week and hide a bit.then they'll starte feeding.
    also, angles are HARD to get started and to keep alive. if he makes it past a month then your off to a good start. you should have QT'd him [or did you]
    because any fish can introduce a number of killers. I just lost 2 angels and an achilles tang to what I now believe was ammolidium [sp?]
    also, I really hope you have very near plans to upgrade tanks because your tank is WAY! to small for most of your fish.

The racoon I am going to get rid of. The other 2 will stay. 2 fish in a 100 gallon tank seems ok to me for their size. When they start to outgrow the tank, which takes quite awhile from past experience I will sell them off and start new.
    100 Gallon
    Maroon Clownfish
    100 pounds LR

if you can keep it to 2 fish then your good for awhile. most can't resist :geek:

full grown trig and angel would still be pushing it, but since ur selling them its ok

how logn have you had the fish? just a few days or few week or what?

i'd be patient, i've never kept large angels before but from i've heard they're picky eaters, but once u get a good feeding going they live for years.

this is gonna sound stupid, but i'm assuming u thaw the food before feeding? most new comers wouldn't take processed food for a few weeks until they settle, and then they see other eat they will follow.

also you might try blood worms? if the angel is a baby he might like that.

dunno what else... do angels eat worms or leeches? i hear they feed batfish that stuff sometimes

Edit: I just noticed u said he was picking algae, have u tried clipping a piece of Nori in there? maybe some romaine? i know tangs like lettuce not sure if angels feel the same way about it, i seem them eat it, but not quite as varocious as tangs

try adding a little garlic to the food your feeding them
    chop a clove into large bits and let it soak for an hour or more. Then remove the bits of garlic and feed the food to the fish.
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

thanks for all the responses guys. The angel is a week old in the tank. As for the other questions, I thaw the food in a little shit glass with tank water in it. When its all thawed out I pour lighly in the tank. I guess i can try the garlic suggestion. I have liquid garlic as well.
    100 Gallon
    Maroon Clownfish
    100 pounds LR

oopps, forgot to address the other suggestion. I was thinking of the Nori thing, but I have a feeling if I do that my clown trigger will just eat the whole thing before the angel even has a chance at it, but at this point I guess its worth a try, right?
    100 Gallon
    Maroon Clownfish
    100 pounds LR

Garlic makes fish hungry.

When i feed it to in my big tank my snowflake eel will almost come all the way out. (which Never happends)
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

whats a shit glass?? :hysterica

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast