Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Urgent Help !!!!!!!!

My smaller ocellaris clown is laying on the botom. ON the belly, not on the side. Still breading. Very pale in color. Very weak when swimming.
    What could be wrong?
    I'm testing parameters right now.
    By the way, mi tank, never lookied better. all corals fully open.

update...
    cleaner shrimp is trying to eat the clown.
    So, I took the fish out and placed it in a pitcher of tank water for now.

Unhappy

Params...

pH 7.8 - 7.9 (PH-0007 pen type meter)
    NH3/NH4 - 0 (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Saltwater Master liquid test kit)
    NO2 - 0 (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Saltwater Master liquid test kit)
    NO3 ~ 15 (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Saltwater Master liquid test kit)
    Salinity - 1.028 (Refractometer)
    Temp. - 76.5

FISH DIED !!!

Flukes
    That would be my guess
    The Zoo Keeper
    Favorite Quote
    For all at last return to the sea- to Oceanus, the ocean river, like the ever-flowing stream of time, the beginning and the end.- Rachel Carson, 'The Sea Around Us', 1950

Oh and sorry for the loss, the shrimp may not have been trying to eat him but help him, who knows
    The Zoo Keeper
    Favorite Quote
    For all at last return to the sea- to Oceanus, the ocean river, like the ever-flowing stream of time, the beginning and the end.- Rachel Carson, 'The Sea Around Us', 1950

By the way, the clown that died was tank bred ocellaris.
    Now,... my bigger ocellaris (not tank bred) has some slime over it. I guess it's a reaction to what ever killed the first one.
    I cannot measure any other parameters.
    All corals are doing fine.
    Another thing, now when I think of it,...i haven't seen my strawberry conch in a while.

Info about the tank:
    30g tank. No sump. No fuge.
    50-60 lb of rock.
    2.5 - 3" sandbed.
    100W heater.
    2x Pro3 powerheads. (one running floss and Aqua-Pure carbon pellets. Floss chenged every two days, carbon weekly)
    Fluval 403 running only carbon, replaced weekly. Fluval is on almost every night for an hour or so.
    I have in there: 2 kinds of pulsing Xenia (long wavy one and short, nice pulsating one), Green star polips, big tree leather finger, zoos, and neon button polips.
    Also some hair algae.
    Cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, emerald crab, 1 red legged hermit, bunch a blue-legged ones, 2-3 left handed ones (green, banded legs), some ceriths, some nassarius snails.
    And....one lonely Ocellaris Clown.

I wonder what could it be. Only thing I noticed is that foggy-white slime on one fish and it also seems like they breathing is (for one was) faster.

If anybody know what could cause it, Please let me know.

What are flukes????
    The shrimp was trying to eat it. It was not cleaning the fish, it was ripping on it.

Also, I almost forgot,...few times I dosed around a teaspoon of Tropic Marin - Bio Calcium.
    No other supplements used.

This is my third loss in a month or so.

First, my blood shrimp died, I believe due to a rock falling on it. Only thing I found whan I got home was a tail with some flesh in it and peppermint nibbling on it.

Second, was my first ocellaris due to dispute between the fish and powerhead. He also had the same slime on it.
    Only fish thet didn't have slime on it was the one that died today.

If somebody is willing to help me measure other parameters and also has time to do it, please, let me know.

Fluke is a term sometimes used to say something like faith/destiny/bad luck.

As for your clowns, sorry for your loss. I think it is the same problem I had about a month ago. I had purchased 2 O. clown form a "big box" LFS, and within 4 days they were both dead. They developed this slime ot whitish film that was sort of dragging behind them as they were swimming. They had some coming from their fins and mouth. Nothing I could to save them. +70$ down the drain. Poor little buggers. Don't know if it is the same thing, but from what the wife found later, it is a clown specific illness.

Were these recent additions? If so, were they quarantine? SHould your Ph be a little higher?

Good luck.
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

It might be the same thing. There's some on thr gills and the mouth.
    Do you remember the name of it?

Clowns are recent addition.FIrst I got two tank bred ocellaris. One got "slimy" later killed by powerhead. Other one, no noticable slime. Died today. Looked very exhausted and week, breathing heavily, laying on the bottom,...died today.
    Those were my first two fishes. When first one died I got another ocellaris (from the ocean) at Ivan's to replace it.
    That one also got "slimy".
    I didn't quarantine. I tought, there was no fish in the tank, therefore there's no fish diseasas in the tank. Maybe I was wrong.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast