DIY sump and over flow real story

Hello all!

I''am kind of new but, I needed to shaire my new diy sump story.

First,I''just got my new pump from E-bay an mag 3. That was the only thing that was missing to install my sump...so I did.

I had evrything setup, valve,fiting,elbow,tubing and so on. The acrylic was cut to my spec by CANUS in Ottawa for 100.00 with a bulkhead. For the hardwear about 30.00 at Home depot.

So once I turn on the pump and the overflow prim(?)...flowing if I can said, to my astonishment every thing was working just find. So now for the final test .....its power outage safe.......:angel:
    I needed to do some adjustment and its sounds safe to no slurping.

My girlfriend said to after all that time working on that, she realy realy belived that those plastic and all were going to sit in an corner of the room.:guns:

Tanks for reeding my story
    Carl
    30 gl SWFO but upgrating

ijo
    Glad everything went well Bouboule. What size sump did you get Canus to build you? Would you happen to have any pictures?

IJO

Hello IJO

Well, its not that big but it fit under...around 10gl. For pictures its a good idea as I sais to my self after everything was done. I''m not equipe to do that. I''think at Wall-Mart they burn CD picture with a 35mm.
    30 gl SWFO but upgrating

ijo
    Hope your having fun... its only going to get better. Think you could tell us a bit more about your system? rock... fish.. crabs/snails... etc?

IJO

At the time I change for SW, I did''nt have enought watt, so I cycled with 3 damsel and a cleaning crew, astrea 4, blue leg 7-8,red scarlet 1 and now a peperminth shrimp.
    30 gl SWFO but upgrating

ijo
    I also cycled my first saltwater tank with damsels... It was a mistake on my part... they were very aggressive and it took me forever to get them out of the tank. Now I can't even give them away. Would you like more damsels? lol Would anyone like blue damsels.... I have 4 of them left!!!

Toutouche: it was your birthday today... I'm shipping 4 damsels your way!!! Happy-B-Day hehe :

IJO

No but Very soon I''ll have to find a home for them....anyone want 7 damsel. I''ll have to cycle again...I want to or she want to put some live rock.
    30 gl SWFO but upgrating

poor damsels, they are probably the most sold fish but nobody ever wants them once they learn more about them. perhaps they should learn from their chromis cousins and be a little nicer so that people would actually want to keep them.
    lucky for me, my LFS agreed to take them back after my tank was cycled (sure was a hell of a time fishing them out of my tank with some LR - thank god i didnt fill it all the way with LR yet)
    Albert
    My Photos