Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GENX PCX 55HP

HOW MANY WATTS IS THE PCX 55?
    THANKS
    if you love the reef save it..

Power consumption 170w 2.4 amps.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Hi, Question-

Why use the black rubber coupling? If all it's doing is absorbing some vibration, wouldn't flex PVC or vinyl hosing have acheived the same effect? Or is it because the black rubber is softer than either of those two and thus absorbs more of it.

No worries with the rubber breaking down over time due to the SW? I find all my black rubber bits (suction cups etc.) eventually wear down. Just tonight I chucked out the suction cups for my Won-brothers heater (the titanium one) -- after 6 months of use the rubber was disintegrating. It looked like I had tar on my hand, it was all from the suction cups.
    -Tony

My next hobby will be flooding my basement while repeatedly banging my head against a brick wall and tearing up $100 bills. Whee!

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Hi delphinus,

It's absorbing a LOT of vibration. At 1.5", neither flexPVC nor vinyl hose would provide the soft flexibility required to absorb the vibration.

I'm not worried of breakdown over a short-term period. The rubber coupling is actually quite thick, and cheap. It could probably be added to my yearly maintenance to inspect and replace it if necessary.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Robin,
    My car is making a rattling nosie when I go over potholes!! Would you be so kind as to call the dealer and ask them if they'd change my car? I think it's a defect in the suspension...., I mean, ever since I ran over that family of Moose last year, it ain't the same I tell ya!!

Vince,
    You know, I'm personally very happy with the GenX Mak4 Pcx 55..., whatever the heck it's called this week!! I will be using it for that big waterchange bin for the circulation online all the time. The only reason I changed it was because with the extension on my skimmer, it was underpowered with the added height. However, as Robin mentioned elsewhere, he was talking to the AeroFoamer guru's and they stated that the regular height skimmer should still be using a pump bigger than the Mak4. I think I will try that coupling idea on my return pump. It's presently "hard" plumbed on the intake side to the sump and makes noise that I would rather not be there. Is it attached to barb fittings or smooth pipe?

How many was there in the family?cause usually if you hit more than 3 at any one time they wont take your car back....bleive me ive tried and i told them it was 4 moose plus one deer and they said it was too much,even if they were mostly young calf..
    Derik...

Mak4(PCX40) one model, and the PCX 55 is another model (presure rated).
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Greg,

The rubber coupling is attached to some hosebarb fittings, it's all I had access to at the time.
    It could just as well be fitted over smooth pipe.

The noise level difference is like night and day.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Robin,
    What about my car?!!!

Vince,
    You mean Day & Night, right?fft:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123