Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diatom Filter Making Bubbles

My diatom filter xl is continuisly making bubles.I contacted vortex and they sent me another seal.I changed it and still the same thing.Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions?

put stainless steel hose clamps on the hoses where they hook up to the pump head etc. Give it a light shake when you first start it up to get air at the top into and out of the bottle.
    Rob

Ok i will try it....i will go at the canadaian tire right now....thanks rob
    Derik...

get them just big enough to do the job. Those filters alway seem to develop air leaks at the hose connections. Great filters however!!!!
    Rob

Did you have the same problems?
    Derik...

yes I have in the past when I used them had this issue. It was always ether the top seal or the connection. Dose the top thread on or are they still using the thumb screws? We used to start them and then tilt the filter on an angle with the output on the high side and give a little shake and ... slurp .. the air in the top of the bottle would be sucked out.
    Rob

Just to confirm ... I also have one of these filtres (love it for that once in a while polish to the water) and the darn pipes are bad for air leaks. I too addressed this with the pipe clamps (plus the title with the output on the high side) and no more bubles. Mind you I only ever run it for 4 to 6 hours, maybe one every six weeks as part of cleaning maintenance. Do you run it regularly volitan?
    Lawrence

I did everything from putting s/s clamps to changing the p16 shaft seal ,to changing all the lines.I contacted vortex innerspace and they told me to send it back and they thought that it might be the casting on the impeller area.....I run mine everything other week for a day
    Derik...

Well I sent out my filter motor to vortex,they changed the main casing and a bunch of other part,I got it back last week...i changed all the hoses and put clamps on the hoses and it still makes bubbles...there must be something i do bad.....any other ideas
    Derik...

In the past when I used to use them we would get the thing running and once the power has been sucked onto the bag we would give the bottle a gentle shake and out would come all the air that was trapped at the top.
    Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast