Thread: MH Question

MH Question

I know that this has probably been discussed before...but...

I just have to ask this. Why are the MH Bulbs here so much cheaper than that of Aquarium Services, those puppies sell for about $200 a pop there and here they are about $90 for a 400W 20K?

Does anyone use the 48" Dual 400 Watt Metal Halide Canopy from here? Do you think that would be sufficient for a 100g with a few star polyps, various mushrooms and leathers?

Currently I have the 4 bulb VHO ballast, running with 2 10k, 1 10k Actinic and one trichromatic. All 110w bulbs.

I am seriously thinking about ordering these this week...any input.

If its been discussed, sorry to dredge something up that already may have been flogged to death.

Thanks, appreciate the input as always

Rick

Rick. Everything ... including the MH bulbs that Ivan sells are cheaper because AC is an on-line store. There is no rent to pay on a large building, heat and light for that building, parking, maintenance and any other costs that go along with owning or renting a retail storefront. Those savings are passed on to us lucky hobbyist
    Also keep in mind that big Al's is over priced to start with so the numbers will be even further apart then normal.
    If you are looking at the ARC bulbs add to the above the fact that they are on an introductory offer and there you go ... a GREAT DEAL ON MH BULBS.
    Rob

Thanks, just had to ask ...you know curiosity killed the cat