Pump Supply Restriction

Ok everyone lists head at the pressure end of a pump, but how about the inlet?

If i'm running 2 elbows and 4' of pipe(Horizontal) 1" to a 3/4" input end of a mag 24 am i restricting it's output? Also consider all the above is below waterline including the pipe...

You should be OK as long as the pump can not outstrip the supply. Head is only measured on the pressure (out) end of the pump. I however would have played it safe and went with 1.5 inch supply pipe right to the pumps 3/4" reducer.
    Rob

A mag 24 is supposed to move 2400 gallons an hour, I assume. If this is the case, I don't think that there is any way in hell that the full 2400 gph is passing through 4 feet of 1 inch pipe with 2 elbows. If the pump is trying to suck water but can't get enough, it will reduce the pumps head pressure and you will not have full potential flow.
    Like Salty said, I would also go with 1.5 inch piping, I would also put it on the output. 1 inch diameter piping isn't really sufficient for that kind of flow- especially when using a mag which is not pressure rated.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high