Corrison prevention on end caps

Do any of you guys put either vaseline or somekind or corrosion preventative on your ends cap,even if they are sealed?If so what do you do?
    Derik...

nobody?
    Derik...

I will be using some 24" VHO actinics and got the waterproof end caps from Ivan, I will not be putting in anything in there just for the simple fact that they are SUPPOSED to be waterproof and they look to be greatly sealed also once you compress the fitting on the bulb hence I shouldn't have anything to worry about right ? I know things may not be what they appear and I may have problems...Like also I may not...I haven't read of anybody doing so on there caps to prevent corrosion but it would make sense why you would do it...but if they are sealed..id think you shouldnt have to..

Then again, I may be totally wrong or have just missed the people who did do some sort of protection like this...

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

thanks for your opinions AK.Well to me a salty enviroment,and salty air goes everywhere.Unless sealed with silicone and stuff,But that is why i am asking the question,did anybody have any problems with corrossion with sealed end caps,or not exactly problem,but did you ever see corrossion in there?
    Derik...

:YELL2: bump bump bump>>>
    Derik...

I don't plan on putting anything on my end caps but I will have a full glass cover about 2 inches lower than my lights in the canopy. The light area will be completely sealed so I don't think that salt will be able to get in there. I'll see ... maybe I'll have to but I hope not

I will be removing my t5 lights in a weeks,they are sealed and have been there for 6 month,so i will let you know if they are corroded or not....
    Derik...