Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sequence Pump (dart)

You guys convince me of getting a big pump fro my next tank which will be 150G. I am not too familiar with the process of the extern pump... How is it suppose to work? As a return pump? or there is a way to connect the pump directly with water and then its return the water in the tank? I will have an overflow in the corner and dont know if i am using it at maximum capacity will be too much for the overflow to handle.

So the closed loop will have to be divide once in the tank in 6 ways to make sure that there will be enough flow all around.

Anyways, i am not really sure how it works, and i cannot write well what i want to say as i am not really comfortable in English...

Can someone tell me more ? Thanks
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

I also have a Dart and I intend to use it to power a closed loop on my 225 gallon in the works. They a pretty big water movers so it may not be the right choice for a sump and is for use too much water for a refuge. I will run a T4 as the sump system pump and a MAG 9.5 for the overhead refuge.
    Rob

OSD its not for a sump, its for my main tank...
    I saw your pictures and i want to do something like that. your closed loop is running on what pump?

I know that Robin is using the Dart for current... dont know how it works...
    Richard

600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    i2ik,

I am using a DART for my closed loop as well on my 180. It moves Mucho water dude. It's plumbed with two 1.5" intakes from the tank, and split 3 ways on the output towards 3 Reefrats that constantly keep the flow random through the tank.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

My closed loop is the DART pulling water from 2 x 1.5 inch supply lines and returning the water by way of 4 spray bars. The whole thing is set up VIA drilled holes. Given the water demands of this pump I would strongly recommend that you drill your tank for the closed loop and in a pinch at least drill for the intake supply.
    Rob

I'm planning on using a dart on a closed loop through a 2" bulkhead and have it return through 4 3/4" returns on the back and possibly 1 on the bottom as well as 2 3/4"SS. This will be on a 110G barebottom tank though, so I can really jack up the flow.

I really love that little Dart pump and I was going to same thing in my tank, but I am now having second thoughts.

I am going with Tuze Streams on the next tank. They are big and ugly but they can be hidden pretty well if you plan them into a new tank.

The quality of flow (high-volume low-velocity)is better than anything you can do with a closed loop, control over the flow is amazing, the power consumption is low (will run on a standard UPS), and there is no plumbing. I started adding up the costs of the pump, the drilling, and the rotating returns. The Tunze's are very expensive but if you do a thoughtful comparison it isn't totally out of line.

Just some thoughts to make the thread more interesting.

Bill

so basically, you have one hole of 2" that is going direclty to the dart, then for the return, you will have 4 holes on the top, one on the bottom an 2 in the fonrt-bottom of the tank. Is that it?

What happen if there is a lost of electricity? (maybe a stupid question but anyways hehe) Is the water will stay of get all over the floor?

With an overall of 7 holes, theres will be a total of 3600 GPH?
    when i red about pump and they say:

Input: 1-1/2"
    Output: 1-1/2"
    0' Head: 3600GPH
    5' Head: 3000GPH

Does that mean that the holes have to be 1.5" for the return and 1.5" for the intake?

what 0' head and 5'head?
    So if i have 7holes (heads) its going to be less GPH? or it will still be a total of 3600GPH?

:blush:
    Richard

I hear you on that Bill. For myself I want to keep my new setup as clear of equipment in the tank as is possible. IMO maintenance is easier to preform when one dose not have to put their hands into the tank. The bigger the tank the bigger this issue hands / arms in the tank will be. If my current MAG 9.5 dose not leak the only thing in my whole setup that is in the water will be a heater or 2 and a submersed skimmer pump. Over all the years I have been involved with salt tanks I have come to realize that the less you put you hands / arms in the tank the better and the dryer the maintenance is the more often it will be done.
    Rob

i2ik .. The dart uses a 2 inch input and a 1.5 exhaust. In a closed loop if the power goes out there is no flooding. all input and output hoses go to the sealed impeller housing on the pump.
    Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast