Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just bought a 40 gallons tank!!

I just bought a 40 gallon tank cause my landlord doesnt want me to have 150.....a@%%!@%@le....anyhow..ive got a 10 month old 150 tank and 200 some pnds of live rocks and base rocks that i can sell......I will keep you guys updated on the 40 gallon...its a deep in width tank...I just bought a triple 250w halide setup for the 150 and i cant use em all....that really sucks...i will have to go with only 2...so if anyone is interested in a brand new not even arrived MH 250 cooltouch lighting ballast with socket plug and play with a 24 inche reflector and a bulb.....i am going to get it next week...let me know.....

Ive got tons of coral crushings and gravel substrate too......my lion,emperor and grouper is for sale too for a REALLY good price..i wont ship the fish but the rocks I can.....5$ a pound for the live and 4$ a pound for the cured base....ive got the some reef bones too and they are not cured but they are ready to put in the tank they have been bleached to remove the old stuff........4$ a pound too because its not base and its not live.....

Im kinda exicted in a way because i will put some corals from nick breautl and some gobies and all these net little criters...i will post some pictures when i get started.....
    Derik...

Sorry to hear Volitan, that's absurd that you can't have a 150, its not even your tank that leaked!!!

Im sure your furious....at least a 40 is better than none at all but gees...what an @#$%^ eh..

AK
    20G Reef Tank (Starting again...)

Tell the landlord that its not the tanks fault for the leak, and that he can shove the 150 tank that far up where the sun dont shine that when he opens his mouth you'll see skimate and the glow of your new mh's. LOL. guarantied to work or get you a place that will let you keep the 150 gallon puppy one way or the other.

well ive got all the equipement ready for my 600 gallon next year.......dont worry i will be back and bigger than ever....ehehhehe
    Derik...

as for the landlord i will retain myself because there might be kids reading this ehehe
    Derik...

what a kick in the pants....I'm just getting a glimpse of how hard you guys work to get these tanks running and looking so amazing. It's a real shame....I really feel for you Volitan! Wish I was at the stage where I could take some of the live rock off your hands. Good luck with your 40 though!
    "Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" Abraham Lincoln

thanks it will be extrodinary i will garantie you that
    Derik...

I don't see how the landlord can dictate to you how big or small a tank you are allowed to have? It is classified as water furniture just like a water bed in the eyes of insurance companies. A water bed leaking all its contents onto the floor would be a lot more water then your tank? I do not believe they can dictate to you what size of tank you are allowed to keep. They ca only hold you responsible for any damage that they can prove is a direct result of having that tank in the unit.
    Rob

i know but are giving me a hell of a hard time and told me it had to be out or me out so i just said fudge it and i will go smaller for now and keep ALL my equipement......next year WATCH OUT....i sold the tank already tonight and i bought a 40 gallon.....that doesnt mean i wont have one upstair either ehehe..it sucks but it will have to be that for now and NExt place will be our own and if i want to drop 6000 gallons of water on the ground ......i may well do so if i want and no one it going to stress me about it.......It will get me a change to try some corals with my halides...the only thing is I have a brand new halide ballast socket,reflector and bulb that i dont use.....If i can sell it the same price i will keep it
    Derik...

That's a bummer Derik. Sorry to hear about all this BS trouble. At least you will not have to worry about it so much.
    Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast