Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am not sure if fanning air will speed up the process but every tank I ever had that was close to a wall damaged the paint on the wall. Salt and flat white latex paint do not like each other very much.
    Rob

Is it only the paint that gets damged,does the dry gets damaged too.....any idea if I could put anything there...maybe a poster or something?
    Derik...

so far for me it has just been paint. the effected area needs a sealer primmer before repainting and you OK.the wall need to breath so if you hang something there is should be about 1/2 inch away from the wall. Just to protect it from water splash, mist and HIGH localized humidity.
    Rob

well just did a canopie with my dad this week end.......3 inches wider on each side for the lights..cause its only a 36 inche tank....

what kind of fans should i buy and were should i get them?I want to put 2 fans on the back of the canopie and vented in front with a vent that is on an angle to vent up in front....is that a good idea?Is radio shack computer fans good enough or is there any more quality ready available quiet fans around?with a high volume
    Derik...

If you are standing in front of the tank you will have that blowing in your face will you not? Light will also escape there. i would put the 2 fans in the back mid area and the exit holes one at each end.
    Rob

I was thinking of putting a 90 degree vent in front not to loosing too much light....think that would work......?
    Derik...

Maybe something like this

You could use a false face on it and direct the air and light up and downward?

Thats a even better idea thanks Rob thats going to be easy to do too......On a 36 inches tank how long should i put the false face or how many?
    Derik...

Just match the whole front one end to the other at the same height. Use blocks as 1/2 inch spacers and screw through . Yo could also glue the spacers and false front on to the hood. Drill a row of 1 inch or 1.5 inch holes through the hood from on end to the other. follow what I mean? That was a view through the end of the hood.
    Rob

also what gap would you put to let the air out?.....oups just saw your post thanks
    Derik...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast