Coralife Aquapro

I have used my new light fixture for 25 days. Today one of the Halides just went off. I checked the connections and even tried the other ballast on it no luck, when Halides go is there no warning, a flicker or something they just go out? Please tell me they should last longer than 25 days...I called the reatailer and he said call Coralife, good customer service, if I wasn't 5 hours away I'd drop the thing off on his counter and ask for my money back. Any suggestions?

I just swapped the lamps and they both fire....so it's not the bulb what could it be? Help!!!!!!:frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate

Could a broken wire that isnt showing any signs of damage. Not familar with MH's that much. What did you swap the lamps with?

I just swapped positions, and swapped ballasts, quick connects, the fixture is 3 weeks old $800.00 bones and now the left side halide is out and it's not the bulb or the ballast. No there is no signs of damage it looks brand new inside and out.....it hasn't moved since the day I put it on my tank 3 weeks ago??????

Are you familar with using a mutlimeter to test electrcal equipment? If so check the continuity at the ballast and the socket. If theres a 0 reading its not good, if theres a reading of infintiy then its all good.

Could there be a internal fuse of sorts in the lighting system thats blown maybe?

There is definatley something wrong there. A good MH fixture should work for years. I would definatly call Coralife.

Colby
    "DREAM LIKE YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE LIKE YOU'LL DIE TOMMOROW"

Given that you swapped ballast and lamps, I think it can only be either a socket issue or a wirering (sp?) problem...

I would get it replaced! But otherwise I would check for contiuity between the quick connect and the socket.

-yvest

I don't see how it could have a broken anything it's brand new. I don't have a multimeter and if I did I wouldn't know what to do with it.....me and electricity are enemies....electricity wins..I tried Coralifes toll-free number and it's not valid from my area?? I sent two emails, no response yet, sent yesterday. So I guess I wait......this sucks, I finally spend the money on something nice and designed for a tank instead of McGivering stuff and in three weeks it's pooched....if I didn't have bad luck........hplease: hplease: :madder: :wtf:

the product is still on warranty check for basic trouble shooting....exp broken wire loose connection overtemp. reset but before replacing parts make shure the warranty is still valid