Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NO .. I mean that I have heard of him in the past .. which for me is a long time ... and if he is still at it his stuff MUST be top notch. Most just come and go like the weather. BTW Our buddy has a FULL belly and is enjoying the job of biggest fish in the tank ...
    Rob

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Volitan...
    I don't think I'd ever spend that much... I'm just saying....

The Canadian distributor is in Montreal...
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

they are very nice lights if i nad the budget i go for one

YA me neither i wouldnt...i like spending money on quality stuff but that is just ridiculus..what does those lights have that cooltouch and pfo and ice cap ddont have..is the canopie made of ciramic ahah
    Derik...

Thats awsome ROb!!!Did he take all his colour back?...He is very very acclimatized to aquariums......when you think that he made the switch from my 150 to a 40 and to your tank in a month and doing it like nothing ever happened.....ive got a feeling he will be with you for a LONG time rob..did you ask ivan for the sponge foods?im sure he has access to it
    Derik...

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    OSD, Volitan....

Buddy???? Sponge foods? What angel are you talking about?
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Talking about the Emperor Angel I got from Derik and the food he was feeding it. Derik will have to chime in here and describe the type of food he is talking about.
    Rob

its marine angel food.....that is sponged based because they need at least a good 80% of there diet to be spongy foods for angels...that is mostly what they eat in the wild.....Its odd that they dont sell that ,or dont have it in the ottawa area..im just wondering what do they feed there angels if they dont have that..I get mega marine angel food around here and i know in montreal at big als they have a angel food in cube....They are omnivores and will eat anything(as you can see rob)he was a little piggy..when i fed my fish....my lion and grouper,i fed them by hand they would come and rip the shrimp off my fingers and the angel would too...that what nice about him he eats everything and wont let anything fall on the substrate...i dont know about any other angels in the same species (poma....)then the emperor but its the only ones ive kept in that species...

.but they do go quite a while without the proper spongy foods without having anything noticible happenning to him..but after a while you WILL see discolorations..he will still be as active but you can tell that there is something missing in him..i learned that on my first emperor..as I thought i fed him properly because he was eating like a pig......but then i started to give him the right spongy marine angel food and a couple of weeks later he was back to its original color........AND THEN i bought a french angelfish without quarantining him and BANG 2 weeks killed all my livestock with a disease...
    Thast were i added the uv light and never ever had any parasites anymore....Always bought quarantined fish after that but still.....I had bought that emperor at octopus in montreal and he was about 6 to 7 inches long..just BEAUTIFULL.....

Anyhow despite my bad luck having to sell my 150...i am sure glad he is in robs hands.....Plus i get to go see him when go to see my gf's family in ottawa....

anyhow.....as for dream lights..i have mine now.....2 nice 250w 13k MH from cooltouch on a 36 inche tank......thanks to rob who showed and told me halides is the way to go.....by the way rob that false facade canopie you suggested to me is awsome.......really good cooling and venting only to the front and not on the walls.....3 x4 inches fans pushing fwd and 2x3inches fans cooling the bubls...with only 1 degree farenheight of difference when the lights are on and when the lights are off.......
    Derik...

oh thought i was reading the wrong thread then, de ja vue,

Rob i would love LED lights but 2-3 years is a long limp.

Aqua that thread is a no go, what lights are you talking about? where did you get your information on the LED's

DC sorry i mean't 48*18*19h

Derik how much have you spent on T5's, 2 new cool touch halides, numerous skimmers blah blah? I want too make one purchase which will be good for now and the future.

Tang man thanks for the thread man they look sweet, ive asked for a price on a couple of the canopies, have you seen them in operation, know anyone who has them on their tank?
    And would 2 250w m/h be suitable for a 90, 150g reef or would the 400 be better i could always lift them higher over the 65g tank.
    We need more Indians!

I don't think it will really be that long Steve .. the current issue is how much is one willing to pay for them.
    Rob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast